Community Builder 1.0.2 Released

17 years 5 months ago #26704 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
phlux0r wrote:

I installed the latest release mentioned in this thread on a fresh J! 1.0.11 install on my local dev server running PHP5.2.0. I had problems with getting a Javascript alert "Session expired" pop up when trying to register a new CB user.

I traced the problem to the spoof checking method in comprofiler.class.php: cbSpoofCheck(). In fact the problem isn't really in the spoof check per se but the suhosin hardening settings for PHP5. The trouble comes from the length of the spoof checking variable name that is put into the registration form. It's over 64 characters long and the default request varname length in the hardened PHP is 64! This means it never ends up in the $_POST structure, hence never validating the spoof method...

I guess it's not a problem right now since most people run this under PHP4 but once PHP5 becomes ubiquitous, this may be a problem if the default server values are unchanged.

I had to edit my php.ini and the suhosin.ini files to increase the request.max_varname_length. There are values for:
request.max_varname_length, get.max_varname_length and post.max_varname_length

Just thought I'd mention this for the devs to think about :) and if anyone else encounters this problem.

Problem here is the hardened version of php, not php 5. But we should change this in a next release. Thanks for reporting and please open a bug artifact on our bugtracker for this.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The topic has been locked.
17 years 5 months ago #26705 by beat
Pachat wrote:

beat wrote:
My main test installation is with Joomla 1.5 beta 1 actually :D, so it should be pretty ok, I hope.

Installing comprofiler was a breathe.
README.TXT says install mod_cblogin.zip
They are no mod_cblogin.zip but a cblogin.zip
I suppose that's the one.

But with Joomla 1.5 SVN, I have the following problem :

[code:1]InstallerModule::install: DB function failed with error number 1062
Duplicate entry '43-0' for key 1 SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_modules_menu` VALUES ( 43, 0 )
SQL =

INSERT INTO `jos_modules_menu`
VALUES ( 43, 0 )[/code:1]

Did you try CB 1.0.2 with Joomla 1.5 SVN ?

Post edited by: Pachat, at: 2006/12/02 15:35

Post edited by: Pachat, at: 2006/12/02 15:36[/quote]

I tried Joomla 1.5 svn, but update through svn, without reinstalling 1.5 each time... Which svn version do speak about ?

This looks to me like a Joomla 1.5svn bug, that should be reported to joomla 1.5 q&t forum. Especially that same worked from beta.

Before doing that, do a clean install from svn (recreating database), maybe problem is that the Joomla database changed slightly since 1.5 beta. ;)

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
17 years 5 months ago #26706 by beat
wiljoompol wrote:

Hi!
I get an error after updating to 1.0.2

If I go to a users profile nothing shows up but

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 184320 bytes) in ..../site/administrator/components/com_uddeim/language/germani.php on line 440

If I delete the lines 440-EOF in the translation file I get no error, but I lose a part of the uddeim-translation

How can I change this max-size value?

Thank you for your help!

UddeIM has a memory problem when displaying avatars in pm is on: it loads whole users list, just to display a few avatars ! You should disable this function. I didn't yet look at other problems in UddeIM.

17 years 5 months ago #26707 by Pachat
beat wrote:
I tried Joomla 1.5 svn, but update through svn, without reinstalling 1.5 each time... Which svn version do speak about ?

This looks to me like a Joomla 1.5svn bug, that should be reported to joomla 1.5 q&t forum. Especially that same worked from beta.

Before doing that, do a clean install from svn (recreating database), maybe problem is that the Joomla database changed slightly since 1.5 beta. ;)[/quote]

The svn version was a clean install from joomla_truck_svn.exe of 12/02/06.

beat wrote:
maybe problem is that the Joomla database changed slightly since 1.5 beta. ;)[/quote]
Could be that.

On my live site under 1.0.11 it works perfectly. Thank you so much :)
17 years 5 months ago #26717 by beat
doctorlife wrote:

Please, Is this hack for JoomlaMultiSites included on 1.0.2 CB release ?

take a look here:
forge.joomla.org/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.joomlamultisites/discussion.feature_requests.topc4318
extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1411/Itemid,35/

If no, why not include it ?
I think JMS will be one of the most used and useful components ? (also thinking on next joomla releases)

Waiting your replies,
bye bye friends ..

Hack not included, and no plan to include, since this operation can easily be done cleanly by the multisites component using e.g. a mambot, without hacking other codes like cb.

17 years 5 months ago #26721 by junkers
Replied by junkers on topic Re:Well done!
beat said

My current estimate is that on this server we should be able to run about 2'000 concurrent users with CB 1.0.2.

junkers says: AWESOME!
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn