[SOLVED] Login is Blocked

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #223826 by mozgras
[SOLVED] Login is Blocked was created by mozgras
I'm getting this error when a user with an expired membership tries to log in. Everything works fine if the user is assigned to only one user group. When they are assigned to the second, they get the error: Your login is blocked. This problem happen if the second user group is a child of the main registration group or not.

I had a similar issue which I found to occur when I added user group to expired members. I was able to solve this problem by deleting the second user group and having it applied when the user renewed. In this case I cannot use this solution as the second user group assignment is arbitrary and must be made manually. I would prefer to make this assignment to the user now and not have to monitor when the the user renews to apply it.

cbsubs 3.0.0
joomla 2.5.6
CB 1.9

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #223869 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login is Blocked
Never heard of such an issue. As long as they're in the Registered user groups or one of its children it should work fine. CBSubs should only block the users account if they attempt to login while having an expired subscription and you're configured CBSubs not to allow free registrations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #223891 by mozgras
Replied by mozgras on topic Login is Blocked
They are in a Registered user group, but I do not have CBSubs configured to allow free registrations. The membership is a paid subscription, so I don't see why I would allow free registrations. Am I missing something here?

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #223897 by mozgras
It seems to me that I want to not allow free registrations so that users are offered renewal or upgrade possibilities. But what's happening is that the user is not given any options and is simply blocked. But if I remove the second user group for that user, they are then given the upgrade and renewal options. Is this a bug or am I not setting something correctly?

Here are my settings:
Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions): No
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans: Yes

All plans are visible to the public.
No plans have Subscribers User access level settings set to Public, all are set higher groups.

11 years 1 month ago #223949 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login is Blocked
User group shouldn't have anything to do with it unless the usergroup you're giving them does not have access to the CBSubs plan that they purchase and thus can not renew. Not allowing free registrations is perfectly fine, but they need to have access to a plan that allows upgrades or access to their previous plan so they can renew.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #223971 by mozgras
All the plans are available to the public, so the user group I'm giving them has access to the plans and should be able to renew or upgrade to other plans as well. I can't see why the user is blocked if they have the second user group assigned to them, but are able to upgrade or renew when the second user group is removed. Does this make sense?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn