[SOLVED] Login is Blocked

11 years 1 month ago #223976 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login is Blocked
Really weird as I've never heard of or experienced such a thing. Try creating a new usergroup and assigning that to them and see if it has the same affect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #223980 by mozgras
Replied by mozgras on topic Login is Blocked
Ok. I created a test user group, parent is public. Same result. Ok when assigned to the default registered group, but when assigned to the test group, the user is blocked.

To further test, I also created a new user with a new membership and then unsubscribed them from the plan. I did the same testing I did previously with the existing user with the same results. The user is blocked when assigned to 2 user groups, but when assigned to one they are given the renewal and upgrade options.

11 years 1 month ago #224029 by krileon
The parent should be Registered. Creating a new parent of Public has no relation with anything so CB does not know how to use it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #224034 by mozgras
Replied by mozgras on topic Login is Blocked
I changed the second user group to a have Registered as the parent. Problem still persists.

11 years 1 month ago #224037 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. Please include exact details to duplicate the issue. Note users already blocked will not unblock, you need to manually fix them and try test again.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

11 years 1 month ago #224081 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and it's some sort of strange behavior with Joomla. Joomla isn't building the ACL tree properly as it should be auto-adding the Registered usergroup (you've renamed it, but that's ok), but for your custom usergroup it does not. However, for your other usergroups this works fine (for example Student works). Basically in short this is the only usergroup causing this issue so something about it is not setup correctly or some other extension is doing something to users with that usergroup.

You're using Joomla 2.5.6 which is out of date. I suggest updating Joomla to at least 2.5.9 and confirm if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn