CBSubs GPL with eWAY

9 years 11 months ago #244757 by johntennock
Replied by johntennock on topic CBSubs GPL with eWAY
I have contacted eWAY support. They advise:

Thank you for contacting support,

The issue you have raised has been seen in the past and is something eWAY is aware of. We would suggest that the developers of the software solution you use "switch" the fields so the data passed appears in the same way returned.

I understand from the merchants perspective this seems like an odd workaround - The reason why this is recommended is due to this particular API being active for many years, if eWAY where to correct the bug which causes the information to be sent reversed then this will have a detrimental effect to to the many thousands of merchants whom currently use this gateway.

It has been corrected in our latest API - Rapid 3.1 which allows for recurring support. CB Subs will need to make the change where the reverse the fields listed below:

$requestParams = $paymentBasket->id;
$requestParams = $paymentBasket->invoice;

We would be more then happy to liaise directly with CB Subs to confirm the above and ensure the correct operation.

Please let us know if there is any further assistance we can provide.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #244860 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs GPL with eWAY
You can reverse them using the below.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/processors/eway/cbpaidsubscriptions.eway.php
ON: Lines 479 - 480
		$requestParams['MerchantReference']				=	$paymentBasket->id;
		$requestParams['MerchantInvoice']				=	$paymentBasket->invoice;
TO:
		$requestParams['MerchantReference']				=	$paymentBasket->invoice;
		$requestParams['MerchantInvoice']				=	$paymentBasket->id;

I don't understand if this is supposed to be permanent or not. If it's fixed in their latest API you shouldn't have to do anything unless their new API has completely new endpoints. It doesn't make sense to send MerchantReference and receive it as MerchantInvoice and vise verse.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.539 seconds