idevaffiliate Coupons

1 year 2 hours ago #333335 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic idevaffiliate Coupons
The price we send is the line item of the basket. Commissions are typically not discounted. The reason for this is what happens when the basket becomes free? The affiliate gets nothing, which would be wrong.

I can either generate the commission for the entire basket (this would just be the basket total, so discounted) or for individual basket items (can't discount this).

It does sound like there's a possible problem with recurring payments though and will look into that further. Will review maybe adding a parameter to toggle per-item or whole-purchase commissions with an option to send discounted commission, but I don't really recommend doing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 54 minutes ago - 1 year 48 minutes ago #333340 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic idevaffiliate Coupons
Apologies as I may not use the proper terminology but will do my best.

From looking at the payment baskets and what actually happened (below is an example):

1. One time purchase made: Product price before discount = $100.00, Discount amount = %20, Total amount charged = $80.00
- $80.00 is what was sent to idev as the amount. This is correct because it's the actual revenue amount the business would make so the commission amount should be handled via idev according to this amount. Otherwise, the affiliate would be getting paid on an amount that was never received (overpayment).
- Please note, in the basket, this $80.00 is shown in the "Amount single" column.

2. Recurring purchase made: Product price before discount = $10.00, Discount amount = %20, Total amount charged = $8.00
- Unfortunately $10.00 is what is sent to idev as the amount. This wouldn't be correct because the business never actually receives this revenue amount. So when idev calculates the commission, the business is overpaying the affiliate.
- Please note, in the basket, $8.00 is shown in the "Amount single" & "first" columns, whereas $10.00 is shown in the "recurring" column.

It would seem to me:
- Single payments, the "Amount single" could be sent.
- Recurring payments, the "first" amount could be sent when the first payment is completed, and the "recurring" could be sent for every other recurring payment completed.
-- OR, depending on how your baskets are working, you could just always send the "Amount single" if it is always going to be the literal amount received.

Either way, the idea would be to send the literal amount received (after discounts or any changes to the general asking sale price) to idev for commission handling. Otherwise, the business would be paying out for revenue that was never received.

11 months 4 weeks ago #333354 by krileon
Are your recurring payments actually discounted or is the discount only applying to the first payment? We probably don't need to do per-line commissioning though so that would simplify this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 4 weeks ago #333355 by wjgadmin
Unfortunately, it does change from time to time. Mostly it's just the initial payment, however there are few times when it would apply to ongoing recurring payments.

11 months 4 weeks ago #333357 by krileon
Ok, will review redoing how we send the data over to iDevAffiliate to just send the basket amount instead of per-line.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: wjgadmin

11 months 3 weeks ago #333451 by wjgadmin
Hi Kyle,
Apologies to ask, was wondering if you may have any idea of this being completed? I am asking because we have an upcoming relation that we were hoping to use this with. I appreciate your support.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds