idevaffiliate Coupons

11 months 3 weeks ago #333452 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic idevaffiliate Coupons
This is now fixed in latest CBSubs build release. This release also contains the Stripe webhook fixes as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 3 weeks ago #333454 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic idevaffiliate Coupons
That is wonderful, thank you! I didn't see there was an update but I will update it now :)

11 months 1 week ago #333622 by wjgadmin
Unfortunately this isn't fixed. We've had another situation causing extra commissions to be generated to an affiliate :(

Basically, a user made a purchase for a recurring subscription using a coupon code, in which the affiliate commissions were properly calculated. Then a day later upgraded to higher plan. The amount was prorated as a result of the prior subscription, however the commissions were still calculated on the full amount of the new plan instead of the actual amount paid.

EX:
- user 1 subscribed to plan A = $20/month - %50 coupon code = $10/month
- user 1 upgraded the following day to plan B = $50/month
- actual prorated amount paid for upgrade to plan B = $40 one-time, THEN $50/month
- commission calculated and sent to affiliate = affiliate % of $50 (should be affiliate % of $40 due to prorated amount actually paid)

In this scenario we're losing funds as a result of the affiliate being over paid.

I don't know how you've made the calculations and/or the complexities of it. However, commissions should always and only be paid on the actual payment amount including after any discounts, prorations, or any other item which may impact the cost.

So either there is a parameter that can be passed which is simply the actual payment received, or every scenario needs to be handled sufficiently so the proper calculations are made to always = actual payment amount. Of course, it is hopeful you could simply send the actual payment amount, but either way we need to ensure we're not losing funds as a result of overpaid commissions. Thank you

11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #333625 by krileon
If it's a non-recurring payment or first payment for a basket we send mc_gross of the basket. Check the baskets mc_gross in _cbsubs_payment_baskets. If it's a recurring payment we send mc_amount3. This should all work fine with discounts as mc_gross should have the appropriate total price discounted.

This likely happened due to the prorated upgrade being logged with a subscr_payment event. You should be able to see if it was counted as subscr_payment within CBSubs > Notifications for that payment and that'd help confirm it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 1 week ago #333628 by wjgadmin
Unfortunately, I do not see any column or detail as mc_gross in the payment baskets, can you guide me further?

I was able to confirm per the notification, it was considered a "subscr_payment".

11 months 1 week ago #333629 by krileon
Ok, it being logged as subscr_payment would be why it used the recurring amount. Will need to see if there's a different event I can check against.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: wjgadmin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds