Restricting access to the url link of a pdf file.

10 years 9 months ago #232220 by fewgoodmen
I am trying to restrict access to a pdf file using the CBSUB but it is not working

While you may not be able to access the joomla page if you know the URL to the pdf file then anyone can see it.

How do I fix that

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #232223 by krileon
Is the pdf located in your Joomla install somewhere? Like images/ for example? Place your PDF in a folder inside your Joomla install then place a .htaccess file with the below contents in the same folder to htaccess protect it.

deny from all

If you want to protect it using CBSubs then you need to install the CBSubs folderaccess plugin and specify the absolute path to the pdf folder. You then need to trigger the subscription at least once for it to create the files (subscribe to the plan, then login via frontend, it should protect it then).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #232224 by fewgoodmen
Replied by fewgoodmen on topic Restricting access to the url link of a pdf file.
Where can I find that plugin

CBSubs folderaccess plugin

10 years 9 months ago #232225 by krileon
It's included with your CBSubs package. Please see your CBSubs documentation for usage information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #232281 by fewgoodmen
Replied by fewgoodmen on topic Restricting access to the url link of a pdf file.
I set up the folder access, restriction working but new member subscribe to the plan cannot access the folder. Did what you said subscribe and then login from the front-end still don't work.

10 years 8 months ago #232295 by krileon
Check your folder and ensure it has its htaccess and htpasswd files. If it does not then the protection hasn't triggered or you may have supplied an invalid directory path. You need to supply path to the folder from your hosts root. You should see a folder access check after saving your plan on the folder access tab on your plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn