Restricting access to the url link of a pdf file.

10 years 8 months ago #232298 by fewgoodmen
Replied by fewgoodmen on topic Restricting access to the url link of a pdf file.
htaccess and htpasswd files are in the correct folder.
The path is
/images/PDF/iivv.
joomla
I got it to work for one member. but the other members are not working

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #232300 by krileon
Those that are subscribed to the plan that gives access to that folder must login. If they're already logged in then they must logout and login. This is so it can push their login credentials to the htpasswd file. I don't really suggest using this as a means to deliver files. You're far better off just using DOCman, which masks direct file locations and protects direct access to the file folder.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #232302 by fewgoodmen
Replied by fewgoodmen on topic Restricting access to the url link of a pdf file.
I did that with a test member, it still did not work
how do I get the 1 Private Priority Support Ticket so I can speak to someone direct about this problem

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #232303 by krileon
Opening a support ticket is going to be no different then our communication now except will be private.

Is your server on windows or linux? You should be able to see this information within Joomla backend in System Information (e.g. Site > System Information > System Information then check "PHP Built On"). Does your test member exist in the htpasswd, but their login does not work?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #232305 by fewgoodmen
Linux box871.bluehost.com 2.6.32-20130307.60.9.bh6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Mar 7 15:58:33 EST 2013 x86_64

yes test member exist in the htpasswd but their login does not work.

10 years 8 months ago #232310 by krileon
Ok, try using the username and password combo stored in htpasswd to login to Joomla. I'm thinking maybe some of the characters in the password are being stripped. Please create a new test user with the password 12345678, subscribe them, check that they're in htpasswd then see if you can login with them.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn