Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Restricting access to the url link of a pdf file.

• fewgoodmen
  • fewgoodmen
  • Add-ons
10 years 9 months ago #232352 by fewgoodmen
Replied by fewgoodmen on topic Restricting access to the url link of a pdf file.
I changed the settings to MD5.
. The system generated password that was sent out the the user accessed the pdf file.
. The updated password by initiated by the user did not access the pdf file.

For security reasons I want them to be able to change the password.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #232353 by krileon
How are they changing their passwords? Through CB profile edit? Have them logout and login after changing password and see if it'll work then. It synchronizes on the after login, after registration, and after profile update triggers. So if using CB profile edit it should synchronize and should work fine at that point.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by krileon.

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 9 months ago #232354 by krileon
Ah, ok was able to confirm your issue with the demouser I've created. New password doesn't seam to be synchronizing properly for some reason.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fewgoodmen
  • fewgoodmen
  • Add-ons
10 years 9 months ago #232355 by fewgoodmen
Replied by fewgoodmen on topic Restricting access to the url link of a pdf file.
are you seeing this below the website gone crazy
trict Standards: Declaration of getjNewsTab::getDisplayRegistration() should be compatible with cbTabHandler::getDisplayRegistration($tab, $user, $ui, $postdata) in /home2/carrico1/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_jnewscbplugin/jnews_cb.php on line 451

Strict Standards: Declaration of cbinvitesInvites::store() should be compatible with comprofilerDBTable::store($updateNulls = false) in /home2/carrico1/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbinvites/cbinvites.class.php on line 1142

Strict Standards: Declaration of getcaptchaTab::getDisplayRegistration() should be compatible with cbTabHandler::getDisplayRegistration($tab, $user, $ui, $postdata) in /home2/carrico1/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/cb.captcha.php on line 790

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #232357 by krileon
It's because I've enabled debug mode. They're just strict standard warnings. They won't do any harm. I'm fixing the plugin for you and need to debug the output. I can not debug with offline mode enabled as it forces a login to an admin. It should not take me much longer to resolve this as I've isolated the cause.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by krileon.

• fewgoodmen
  • fewgoodmen
  • Add-ons
10 years 9 months ago #232358 by fewgoodmen
Thank, sorry Will wait on your email

Moderators: beatnantkrileon