[SOLVED] MyCommunity Template on iPad requires double tap

8 years 8 months ago #269470 by ksaltman
I do not have a droid device but a buddy that's coming over later does. I see about testing it on his phone and will revert.

Thanks a lot for looking into this. Don't mean to be a pain, but we are a community of RVers. Some (many) of us live full time in our campers and rely solely on our mobile devices for connectivity so I'm hearing a lot of noise about this issue.

Appreciate any insight you can provide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #269471 by Satchi
Andriod - single click worked for me.

Browsers: Safari & Dolphin need the double tap. I will install Chrome and Firefox tomorrow and check those as well.

thanks,

Satchi

8 years 8 months ago #269475 by krileon

Thanks a lot for looking into this. Don't mean to be a pain, but we are a community of RVers. Some (many) of us live full time in our campers and rely solely on our mobile devices for connectivity so I'm hearing a lot of noise about this issue.

I understand completely. It's just not an easy issue to track down. There's so many mobile devices out there so narrowing it down to a device, product, or browser goes a long way to finding the cause of the issue. So for with the help of testing and feedback from this topic in addition to our testing it looks like we're getting closer to finding a cause or at least narrowing it down to a specific device, product, or browser.

Andriod - single click worked for me.

Browsers: Safari & Dolphin need the double tap. I will install Chrome and Firefox tomorrow and check those as well.

Great, thank you. So it does seam to be limited to Apple products. Could also be the browsers so if you're able to confirm Chrome or Firefox working fine on an Apple device that'd narrow it down to a browser. Your testing and feedback is very much appreciated!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago #269487 by Satchi
ok, tested on Chrome & Opera (Ipad) they also required a double tap. I'm satisfied this is limited to Apple. Not going to install other browsers, unless you need something specific tested. Just let me know. :)

Thanks,

Satchi

ps - I also tried a different version of Andriod on a friends phone and it worked, no double tapping required.

8 years 8 months ago #269490 by krileon
Ok, we also confirmed internally it doesn't affect desktops at all. So it's limited to iPhone and iPad only. We found a few issues with some jQuery plugins loading when they shouldn't and our jQuery Migrate off/on toggle not even working.

We'll keep looking into this further to see what could be triggering the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satchi

8 years 8 months ago #269507 by ksaltman
Satchi - Thanks for helping to move this forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satchi

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn