Problems with Joomla! 3.9 and latest CB

5 years 6 months ago #308344 by krileon
New build released fixing the redirect issue. Please let me know if you've any further redirect loops when using privacy consent.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, davidmarshall15

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #308356 by Astrid
Perfect! No more issues. Thx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

5 years 6 months ago #308377 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9 and latest CB
[NOT SOLVED]
Until now I was happy, that this did not end in a loop.

But now I filled some optional fields in this privacy form (like address, city etc.) and saved --> I ended in the endless loop.
I am never able to leave that page even when I accept all.

5 years 6 months ago #308382 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9 and latest CB
Ensure you've the latest build installed. What privacy form? It's just displaying Joomla profile edit, because we've no means of overriding Joomlas redirect to do this from CB profile edit. Changing other fields there should have no impact on the fix as it completely ignores the redirect behavior if the user object has not provided consent.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #308406 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9 and latest CB
I am using the Version: 2.2.1+build.2018.11.01.17.21.41.e3e5bf527
the form I mean you can see in the image.
When I or someone else of the old users (just registrated) fills some optional fields here and want to save it, then he gets the info, that this emailaddress is just registrated. But you can't cancel.

But this happens not in all cases. I don't know when.

And I can't logout. I have to go to the backend and shoot the user out.
Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #308408 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9 and latest CB
The redirect to Joomla profile edit isn't CB. That's Joomla privacy policy plugin doing that. You will not be able to leave Joomla profile edit until you accept the privacy policy. CB has no control over this. I can't comment about editing other fields as again that has nothing to do with CB and is just Joomla profile edit which has to be used since we can't override the redirect like we could for the Reset Password feature. In short your only option when the redirect to Joomla profile edit happens is to accept the terms and click Save.

Joomlas privacy policy plugin blocks all navigation. Even logout. We however will be improving our Terms and Conditions fields so you won't need to use Joomlas privacy policy usage at all in a future release and can instead simply use CBs Terms and Conditions fields.

To test if CB is causing a loop issue still test your issue and cause the loop. Now unpublish "Community Builder System plugin" in Extensions > Plugins and repeat the exact steps of your first test to see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn