Problems with Joomla! 3.9 and latest CB

5 years 5 months ago #308855 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9.1 and latest CB
Sorry, I was so stupid and updated now to Joomla! 3.9.1. Even with the newest cb from today, the problem is back again.
If an existing user is logging in, there comes the joomla privacy form, when I try to save, it says, this is just an existing email, I have to take a new email.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308860 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9.1 and latest CB
Joomla privacy consent is saved through Joomla profile edit. CB has no control over that. If it's just redirecting over and over again I could possibly see it being CB, but you're getting a validation error from storage in Joomla and not CB. That'd be a completely separate issue. You can disable CBs redirect behavior entirely by simply unpublishing CBs system plugin in Extensions > Plugins to see if it's causing you problems specifically.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308866 by jojo12
Thanks, but what can I do? Disable Joomla? I need Joomla with CB.

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308867 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9 and latest CB
I'd appreciate a walkthrough of how to properly config everything so that latest CB and latest Joomla do not conflict.

Been stuck on Joomla! 3.8.13 with CB 2.2.1 for quite some time now, because I have read nothing but horror stories .... :(

Update Joomla first? Or update CB first? ... and then exactly what do I need to do to make sure that all hell doesn't break loose?

5 years 5 months ago #308868 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9.1 and latest CB

Thanks, but what can I do? Disable Joomla? I need Joomla with CB.

Is your issue still present after disabling CBs system plugin? If so post on Joomla forums as it maybe a bug in 3.9.1.

Update Joomla first? Or update CB first? ... and then exactly what do I need to do to make sure that all hell doesn't break loose?

Update order doesn't matter. No hell should be breaking loose unless for whatever reason J3.9.1 breaks the privacy policy plugin behavior that Joomla implemented. CB 2.3 and latest builds are compatible with the privacy policy plugin. It should ask for users consent on login. Integrate with the Privacy Suite is being worked on as we speak so that the privacy policy field can be output by CB during registration in addition to this we're improving our terms and conditions fields so you won't have to use the privacy policy plugin at all if you so choose.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

5 years 5 months ago #308871 by jojo12
When I uninstall cb, joomla! 3.9.1 on php 7.2 works best. It seems to be the combination of joomla and cb. Do I have to leave cb?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn