Problems with Joomla! 3.9 and latest CB

5 years 5 months ago #308875 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9.1 and latest CB
mikerotec wrote:

I'd appreciate a walkthrough of how to properly config everything so that latest CB and latest Joomla do not conflict.

That's a good proposal!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308879 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9.1 and latest CB

When I uninstall cb, joomla! 3.9.1 on php 7.2 works best. It seems to be the combination of joomla and cb. Do I have to leave cb?

What do you mean it works best? Again, unpublish the CB system plugin within Extensions > Plugins and see if that resolves your email validation error loop. If it does not then it has nothing to do with CB. Latest CB build is tested on Joomla 3.9.1 as working perfectly fine, but we of course can't account for the massive amount of different scenarios created by users configurations and things they've installed.

I'd appreciate a walkthrough of how to properly config everything so that latest CB and latest Joomla do not conflict.

There is nothing to walkthrough beyond what's already in the CB Primer Book. The issues being brought up here are entirely in regards to the new Privacy Suite component, which we've resolved in CB 2.3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308889 by Astrid
Replied by Astrid on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9 and latest CB
FYI: I have Joomla 3.9.1 on PHP 7.2 with latest CB (updated today) and I am not encountering any problems with Joomla Privacy plugin. So it must be a local problem.

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308890 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9 and latest CB
@Astrid: try to login as an existing user which has not yet answered the privacy policy. Trying to save (or to cancel), system hangs, I can only logout via backend and throwing out.
The error notification:

Warning
The email address you entered is already in use. Please enter another email address.

when cb is uninstalled there is no problem.

mbabker from joomla writes:

Please test if you can reproduce this issue with core only. If you can only reproduce it with Community Builder installed and enabled, you will need to file a bug report with them as it would appear that package is causing your issue.

Logging in as existing user who has just accepted the privacy policy has no problems. New user have no problems.

Testing with only community builder system plugin disabled: problem persists. Only when uninstalling community builder, problem is solved!

5 years 5 months ago #308891 by Astrid
Replied by Astrid on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9 and latest CB

try to login as an existing user which has not yet answered the privacy policy

That's exactly wat I did.
It's a brand new site where I registered a test user yesterday. To check your problem, I enabled the Joomla privacy plugin and logged in with the credentials of the test user. Nice redirect to Joomla profile page where I checked the agree option and saved it without problems.

5 years 5 months ago #308892 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Problems with Joomla! 3.9 and latest CB
@Astrid: thanks. I tested on an other fresh site and it worked. There seems to be a problem on one of my main sites. What shall I do: Uninstall and reinstall all cb?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn