Possible Bug in Registration system

17 years 11 months ago #11033 by gareth_w
Possible Bug in Registration system was created by gareth_w
Hi All,

I think I may have found a possible bug in the registration system. Apologies if this is known or has been mentioned before, but I can't see anything obvious in the forums and don't know how else to search.

When I create a Username with a space - i.e. "Mr Smith" it moans that the space is not allowed. However, when you press register, the registration is accepted and the username created with the space in it.

I am using (I believe) Joomla 1.0.8 and CB 1.0RC2.

My website is not live yet but I will share the URL by PM with the developers if they wish to investigate further.

I am still getting to grips with all Community Builder can do, but I don't think I could do what I wanted without it. Many thanks for all you hard work,

Best Regards,
Gareth

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #11111 by gareth_w
Replied by gareth_w on topic Re:Possible Bug in Registration system
Guys,

If this is not the proper way to submit a bug report please let me know how to do it and I will submit it that way.

Gareth

17 years 11 months ago #11117 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Possible Bug in Registration system
This area hosts discussions about existing or potential problems regarding the Community Builder. Please note that all proven bugs should be submitted to our CB area over on Joomla forge (if possible with fix proposal ) at: developer.joomla.org/sf/tracker/do/listArtifacts/projects.cb/tracker.bugs

17 years 11 months ago #11155 by gareth_w
Nick,

Thanks - I will submit the information over there.

Best Regards,
Gareth

17 years 10 months ago #11217 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Possible Bug in Registration system
After recheck on joomla 1.0.8: this is not a bug:

Mambo 4.5.2 and Joomla 1.0.0-8 accept usernames with spaces in it.

CB aligns itself to latest stable Joomla implementation.

So spaces and other characters not allowed expressely in the "i" are ok. Potentially dangerous characters for the site safety are checked and refused. CB handles all characters safely (and also correctly in 1.0 stable)...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 10 months ago #11241 by gareth_w
Beat,

Something is askew here. If you go to the registration box and type in a load of gibberish, it brings you a javascript box specifying

Please enter a valid Username:. No spaces, more than 2 characters and contain 0-9,a-z,A-Z

I'm prepared to accept spaces if this *really* is (though I'd rather not, and prefer an undersocre instead), but the two pieces of information don't sync up. Do you know where I can change this?

Thanks for looking into this,

Gareth

Post edited by: gareth_w, at: 2006/04/29 11:39

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn