Cannot edit my plan since upgrade to 1.0.2

14 years 8 months ago #106188 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cannot edit my plan since upgrade to 1.0.2
Corrupt install, try a fresh install of Joomla, CB, and CBSubs. Possibly installed something along the lines that caused problems. Did you upgrade all CBSubs plugins?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106239 by cpreston
Replied by cpreston on topic Re:Cannot edit my plan since upgrade to 1.0.2
I did one better. I restored the entire site to the way it looked the day before the upgrade. Everything is working now.

Next I'm going to try re-doing the upgrade.

14 years 8 months ago #106252 by krileon
cpreston wrote:

I did one better. I restored the entire site to the way it looked the day before the upgrade. Everything is working now.

Next I'm going to try re-doing the upgrade.

Ok, please let us know if issue persists. When upgrading it's the same processes as CB; extract from zip, copy, paste, replace.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #106257 by cpreston
I did the full site restore and everything was fine. It was at 1.0.1 and everything worked.

I redid the upgrade and the problem came back.

I'm not sure what you mean about unzip, copy, and paste.

Here's what I did.

1. Unzipped the unzipme1st file
2. Uninstalled cbsubs main in the plugin mgmt for CB.
3. Installed cbsubs main in the plugin mgmt for CB.
4. Reinstalled all the plugins that begin with just cbplug_int_cb* (Without first uninstalling). I did this using plugin mgr in CB.
4. Uninstalled/reinstalled all plugins starting with cbplug_int_plug*. It made me do it this way for these plugins.
5. Uninstalled/reinstalled langugage file
6. Double-checked that all were published (many became unpublished in the reinstall process.)
7. Uninstalled/reinstalled bot & module.

I tested it and the problem came back.

I'm backing up the broken site and I have a backup of the good site. It will be interesting to see what the differences are.

What would you like me to do now?

14 years 8 months ago #106271 by krileon
Instead of uninstalling. Simply replace the files, it's not necessary to uninstall.

Unzip CBSubs_102-unzip1st.zip
Unzip cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_102-E.zip
Copy contents of plug_cbpaidsubscriptions to components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/
Replace all files

Do the same for the plugins except to their respective directories.

Then run CB tools.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/27 21:45

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

14 years 8 months ago #106284 by cpreston
Hmm. That worked, but it is obviously NOT the "documented" procedure listed in the release announcement of 1.0.2. In addition, it was significantly more difficult, as I had to be constantly aware of where I was and what was supposed to be in that directory.

Why the difference?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn