Expiry emails not being sent.

13 years 8 months ago #136931 by 3cellhosting
Expiry emails not being sent. was created by 3cellhosting
Hi,

We have been trying to see why the emails we have set up for expiration of a plan are not being sent.

The text is in place in the plan for both expiry and unsubscribe.

In another post I have seen the comments that unsubscribe and cancel are triggered by logging in by subscriber or backend login to cbsubs.

I set an account to expire at noon today but no email has been sent. I have logged in to admin and checked subscription and it is clearly marked as expired. There is no grace period on this plan.

Any suggestions?

Regards
David

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #137055 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Expiry emails not being sent.
Are any other emails being sent such as Registration emails or lost password/username emails? Have you checked your email logs to see what the potential error is? If unsure how to access your email log please contact your host as we need to know where the email is stopping either at the server level or by CBSubs it self. Have you reviewed CBSubs History for any errors during the time of expiration?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #137163 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re:Expiry emails not being sent.
Hi Kyle

Other emails are being received. No error log message. History log shows account as expired and deactivated. I will check mail log just in case.

UPDATE - No problems shown at server end.

Regards

David

Post edited by: 3cellhosting, at: 2010/07/06 16:22

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

13 years 8 months ago #137200 by krileon
Please try logging in via frontend with the user whos plan has expired and confirm if email has been sent. Navigating to backend should have triggered the email. Have confirmed this is working on all local and live test sites (also confirmed on our demo CBSubs site). Possibly a mis-configuration of the expiration email on the Presentation tab? Have you provided a subject and body for the email?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #138136 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re:Expiry emails not being sent.
Hi Kyle,

I can confirm that there is a title and body to the email.

Last test on this was to set an expiry date and wait for that to occur. In that case the email was sent out.

I will test another expiry today as you have suggested by then logging in as customer and cancelling my membership.

Regards

David

David

13 years 8 months ago #138196 by krileon
Please let us know how the expiration email goes, if possible please contact your webhost for your mailserver logs and check if the mail is being sent and where it's stopping.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 2.526 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn