difficulty with CB member search

13 years 9 months ago #136579 by ecarne
difficulty with CB member search was created by ecarne
Using CB 1.2.2 / Joomla 1.5.18
I am having trouble with the search function. I have several fields set up as visible in the profile and searchable (username, cb_country, cb_city, cb_state, cb_interest.
When I view the community list, and I click on search, the city and state fields do not appear, and the country (pulldown) is so small it doesn't function.
The state / country are derived from ANGEK DESIGN's CB_Country and State Dropdown plugin. Is that the problem? - see image for what I mean.

Thanks,
Ed

Post edited by: ecarne, at: 2010/06/26 00:16
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #136609 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re:difficulty with CB member search
The C&S Dropdown field (1.0 RC1) works fine in the search on my site so your problem might be somewhere else.

Have you checked the search configuration of your user list? It lets you select the visible/searchable fields for each userlist separately, it might be configured oddly.
You might also learn something if you create a new userlist and only activate the problematic search options one by one until you find one / a combination that doesn't work.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 9 months ago #136612 by ecarne
Replied by ecarne on topic Re:difficulty with CB member search
I didn't have city / province in my list, so I guess that makes sense - even if the field is searchable, it will only come up on lists that include it. So I expanded by list and they now show up.
I still have a problem though with the size of the pull down lists for country & state. They are so small that they don't function. SO the question is, are they small because they can't find the data, and so they think they are empty, or is it a format thing where we need to expand the size of the dropdown box to allow the data to show up. I suspect the former is the problem, although the data is on the full list that I am searching from is presented properly.

See attached image.

Thanks, Ed.
Attachments:

13 years 9 months ago #136719 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:difficulty with CB member search
Does the province drop-down actually have values? If not then it will display tiny like that unless you use CSS to force a width on it, which generally isn't advised. If there are values and its displaying like that then you've CSS applied to it which is resulting in it shrinking.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn