Testers needed for plugin - CB Customizetab

17 years 1 month ago #33255 by mikko
Site template. As far as I know, it is not possible to change the whole site looks with CB template.

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #33256 by Flipsider
Replied by Flipsider on topic Re:Testers needed for plugin - CB Customizetab
ah... what I was thinking was that if people change the template, it just changes their and their own profile look.

They could change from Default to "Dark" or any of those other cb templates modified by administrators if needed, and perhaps later we could make a smooth plugin for creating or modifying cb templates easier.

If it only changes cb templates, most cb templates have the same css lines right, so even if someone has (for example) a button or tab color changed, it will stay the same when he changes the template

De-Karma me... if you dare...
CB Xbox Gamercard Plugin (Gone] - CB Xbox Gamercard Module (Gone)

17 years 1 month ago #33258 by Flipsider
because it looks and actually is quite complicated to change a whole template for the users. Most templates are designed completely differently and have different css lines. Also think about the template loading when you browse through member profiles.

17 years 1 month ago #33259 by mikko
As of now, there are quite a small number of CB templates available. Because of this, i did not see the point of coding it this way. However, the same logic could be easily used for CB templates.

mikko

17 years 1 month ago #33260 by mikko
Flipsider wrote:

because it looks and actually is quite complicated to change a whole template for the users. Most templates are designed completely differently and have different css lines.

Of course. It is up to the site owner to ensure that the templates are compatible with each other.

Also think about the template loading when you browse through member profiles.

I am not quite following here, can you explain?

mikko

17 years 1 month ago #33262 by Flipsider
when browsing through member profiles, or even changing your own template for your profile, it means it will have to load and probably cache a completely different template. For me and others who have heavy template designs that take long to cache, this would be a maximum loss to the flow and speed :dry:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn