module on a specific user profile page

13 years 5 months ago #144759 by massimolivio
module on a specific user profile page was created by massimolivio
Hello
I'm trying to display a module only on one particular user's prifile, but it seems CB does not accept it.

In other words:
I would like to display extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/images-slideshow/14123?qh=YTo1OntpOjA7czo2OiJpbWFnZXMiO2k6MTtzOjEwOiJpbWFnZXNpemVkIjtpOjI7czo5OiJzbGlkZXNob3ciO2k6MztzOjEwOiJzbGlkZXNob3dzIjtpOjQ7czoxNjoiaW1hZ2VzIHNsaWRlc2hvdyI7fQ%3D%3D
only on the webmaster's profile.
I tested the module and it works fine on my site if I select any webage from any menu, but when I set it up to display to the user's profile the module does not appear, no matter which position I select ( banners, top, bottom,users).

Can anybody explain me reason of this ?

Many thanks

Post edited by: massimolivio, at: 2010/10/25 14:44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #144792 by nant
I would say this is a simple Joomla configuration as you can show a Joomla module on specific Joomla menu pages.

13 years 5 months ago #144870 by massimolivio
Replied by massimolivio on topic Re:module on a specific user profile page
Joomla configuration ? I'm lost !

13 years 5 months ago #144875 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:module on a specific user profile page
You need to have the public and published Joomla CB menu link (says mandatory when creating a CB menu link) first. Once done you need to edit your module in Module Manager and select the CB menu link from Menu Selection. This is basic Joomla usage; I recommend you review Joomlas documentation found here .

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #144902 by massimolivio
Replied by massimolivio on topic Re:module on a specific user profile page
Ok, just to be more clear on this.

I'm on Joomla 1.5.20 - cb 1.2.3 both with english and italian (default) language.

Cb works fine, Joomla as well.

CB menu link is public and published in the user's menu, CB users list as well. If I search or click on any usersame the profile appears, no problem.

Now Here is my problem:

Let's say I need a module ( any module ) to appear in a certain ( any) position only for a specific joomla article: it is easy to set-up the module to open with that article link in module's property.

Now, if I want to do the same, but for a specific user's profile ( i.e.: accounting or sales or whatever ) simply the (any) module does not appear at all.
Again if I specify the user's profile link as a condition to display the module in module's settings it does not work. The (any) module does not appear.

I hope this is clear, if it is not, tell me and I'll provide two demo sites to demonstrate the fact.

13 years 5 months ago #144903 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:module on a specific user profile page
I see, no you can't create Joomla menu links specific to a users profile (unless you make External links, but CB won't grab their itemids). When adding modules to the CB menu link it will apply to all profiles. The best approach for this is to instead have a dynamic module such as CB Content available to documentation subscribers which can accept substitutions such as [name].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn