user profile update button is not working

18 years 4 weeks ago #9358 by beat
Looks :( ...

Is this affecting all users or only particular ones ?

Did anybody see JS-errors in the Javascript console when trying to update ?

Can anyone or a few please create a test account and PM me details of website with problem ?

I need to access asap one of these websites and try to update with all my debuggers on... :woohoo:

Thanks,
Beat

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 weeks ago #9400 by beat
Can anyone of you with the problem please reply ?

I need to see what happens to understand...

This is the last yet unreproduced bug (and i tried hard...) of 1.0 stable build 2...

Thanks,

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 weeks ago #9428 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:user profile update button is not working
It's been a while since I had the issue. I believe it affected all users. I did a reinstall since I did not know how to fix it.

Good Luck,

Andy

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

18 years 3 weeks ago #9439 by beat
PLEASE:

If someone gets this problem, DON'T reinstall, but PM me an admin account for joomla and phpmyadmin if possible, so I can get a look on the problem, as we couldn't manage yet to reproduce it here, despite trying for hours.

I would really like to get that last bug out of the way of 1.0 stable.

Thanks,
Beat

18 years 3 weeks ago #9447 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Re:user profile update button is not working
I was having similar problems after installing PollXT (I couldn't log out). It seems the menu position of the PollXT poll list module with respect to the position of the CB login module rendered several functions inoperable. Try making the CB login module the first one in your main menu or disable PollXT (if you have it installed) and see if that helps. If you are not using PollXT, perhaps there are other modules that cause problems with CB.

I haven't sent the PollXT developer a bugtrack on this yet, but I plan to this weekend.

Regards,
Bruce

18 years 3 weeks ago #9497 by beat
EFO wrote:

I deleted all tables of com profiler and i deleted com profiler but i couldnt solve this problem. Please some one explain how we can solve this problem :(

EFO gave me admin access, so I could narrow down the problem:

In EFO's case, it was a site-template-related problem: for some reasons, the template prevented the execution of CB's edit-profile validation&sending Javascript of CB. Result was that empty mandatory fields were not flagged in red on submit, and that form wasn't submitted at all.

Assigning the standard "rhuk solarflare II" template to the user-profile menu allowed normal user profile updating. So it was not a CB bug in that case.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.867 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn