user profile update button is not working

18 years 3 weeks ago #9517 by EFO
Thanks my brohter. I solved the problem.I contacted my designer and we solved ;)

beat wrote:

EFO wrote:

I deleted all tables of com profiler and i deleted com profiler but i couldnt solve this problem. Please some one explain how we can solve this problem :(

EFO gave me admin access, so I could narrow down the problem:

In EFO's case, it was a site-template-related problem: for some reasons, the template prevented the execution of CB's edit-profile validation&sending Javascript of CB. Result was that empty mandatory fields were not flagged in red on submit, and that form wasn't submitted at all.

Assigning the standard "rhuk solarflare II" template to the user-profile menu allowed normal user profile updating. So it was not a CB bug in that case.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 weeks ago #10178 by streetheory
Replied by streetheory on topic Re:user profile update button is not working
Do you know what it is that your designer did? I created my template from scratch - and I'm having the same problem...

in fact, I switched the template to the default - and it didnt even help..

I dunno! I've been having some other funky problems too... like I have double of a lot of items in the backend. I think a total reinstall may be neccesary. :blush:

18 years 1 week ago #10379 by tramp
beat wrote:

PLEASE:

If someone gets this problem, DON'T reinstall, but PM me an admin account for joomla and phpmyadmin if possible, so I can get a look on the problem, as we couldn't manage yet to reproduce it here, despite trying for hours.

I would really like to get that last bug out of the way of 1.0 stable.

Thanks,
Beat

Is there any update for this yet, i just created a custom tab, added two fields (multiselects) and update profile goes through the "motions" says its been updated, but no new tab appears, when checking profile the settings are blank.

On a "standard" theme, only removed modules etc, and moved modules around, and fiddled with menus

Am happy to provide phpmyadmin, and also admin joomla access.

17 years 11 months ago #11553 by LaLuciano
Replied by LaLuciano on topic Re:user profile update button is not working
CB profile information was not saving all of a sudden for me also. The problem was with the mysql query being generated. It was trying to save data in columns that didnt exist. So, for all those who are still having a problem saving, go to database.php and have it print the update query its producing in setQuery.
:silly:

17 years 10 months ago #16131 by Alex2006
Replied by Alex2006 on topic Re:user profile update button is not working
Hmmm I've got the same problem... (CB 1.0 RC2)

Upadting to 1.0 doesn't solve it and some plugins ain't no working any more ^^(ok thats an other prob...)

Any new ideas for me?

(see by yourself hannovernet.ath.cx (@ registration, email Adress can be anything no confirmation mail req. ))

17 years 9 months ago #16172 by Alex2006
Replied by Alex2006 on topic Re:user profile update button is not working
nobody here? :unsure:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn