Solved: graphical problem

17 years 4 months ago #23768 by Klette
Solved: graphical problem was created by Klette
Hi Fluffy,

sorry to bother you again, but I have tried to solve the problem for hours now without getting a solution.
Every time I want to click on a group I get a problem in my temolate. To show you what I mean I have attached an captured imaged of my site.
I had a similar problem before when I clicked on the memberlist in a group but I could solve it by removing a "</table>" in the groupjive_func.php in line 125.

Because this problem occurs only in the groupjive component I guess it might have to do with a wrong </table>-tag?

Thanks for patience!

Stefan

Post edited by: Klette, at: 2006/11/02 21:57

Post edited by: Klette, at: 2006/11/02 22:00

Post edited by: Klette, at: 2006/11/03 20:16
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #23769 by Klette
Replied by Klette on topic Re:graphical problem
ok :S and here is the picture...
Attachments:

17 years 4 months ago #23798 by Fluffy5
Replied by Fluffy5 on topic Re:graphical problem
Hi Stefan!

You are not bothering me, you are helping me find bugs in alpha software. Thanks!

That said, I really hate broken html. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack. One important question: Did you get this problem when viewing the member list before editing any of the files? The thing is, trying to reproduce this error, for me GroupJive works flawlessly with some templates and is a mess with others. However, I only get the messy layout when looking at a topic in the forum, which would indicate that one of the switches I added to Joomlaboard is placed wrong. The problem does not lie in groupjive_func.inc, as I have tried removing all the HTML from that file and the problem remains.

I will keep looking, but please tell me if the member list viewing problem was there from the start.

17 years 4 months ago #23806 by Klette
Hi Anna,

before I changed line 125 in groupjive_func I had problems viewing the memberlist - so this problem was there from the start. After I deleted the </table>, the memberlist has showed clearly since but the problem "moved" and occurs now when I try to view the groupinfo. This has been the only change I made in the code.

edit: The groupforum works fine on my site - no messy layout there

Post edited by: Klette, at: 2006/11/03 18:53

17 years 4 months ago #23820 by Klette
Hi Anna,

got it! There is a </div> missing in groupjive.html.php on line 265.

greetings,

Stefan

edit: I tracked another one when I wanted to view a full bulletin message. I solved this one by adding another </div> in groupjive.html.php on line 348

Post edited by: Klette, at: 2006/11/03 21:24

17 years 4 months ago #23825 by Klette
Hi Anna,

I have made a few more changes (all in the groupjive.html.php and mainly in the function "showfullmessage") to fix some minor graphical issues. I have attached the file so you can have a look at it and test it. I hope you'll find this useful.

so long!

Stefan

Attachment groupjive.zip not found

Post edited by: Klette, at: 2006/11/03 22:04
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn