[Joomla 1.5RC3-FIX] Profile update cb.core foreach

16 years 1 month ago #58848 by sebaqe
HOPE THIS HELPS:

WARNING: YOU ARE GETTING ADVICE FROM ABSOLUTE NEWB.

BUT... i fixed the problem... somehow, before reading of it here... i came here to share how i did it.

I've been screwing around with teh site for a while now... and there's no more errors, updating the profile goes ok , and the info is stored.

if you guys know of an error that should happen.. go to www.plazatoronto.com and test it out.

what i did was to switch two lines of code between each other, so from this

$userParams = array();
$userParams = $this->_getUserParams($ui, $user);
i changed to this:
$userParams = $this->_getUserParams($ui, $user);
$userParams = array();

and you'll find these two lines just below line 467.

Don't ask me why... please!

and I'm using PHP5, Joomla 1.5 and CB1.1

Post edited by: sebaqe, at: 2008/03/13 08:51

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #58972 by beat
Just a quick update:

===============================================
All items in this thread are now fixed for upcoming CB 1.2 up to this point
===============================================

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 2 weeks ago #60832 by mwinsor
Do you have an estimate of when CB1.2 will be available?

16 years 1 week ago #61066 by Nap
Hi gentlemen,

Edit 2:
I fixed the problem in my install (see below) using the same code changes as those which applied to 1.5RC3 (in lines 528 and 529).

sebaqe, the result of the line swap you made is that the $userParams = this->_getUserParams($ui, $user); statement is clobbered by the $userParams = array(); statement. However, since it's fixed your install, why worry. ;)

Edit 1:
Oops, I didn't realise the thread is being shown in reverse order. I will search again, but if someone has a quick answer, thank you.

I'm afraid to say it, but I am confused as to what the solution to the Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/var/www/main/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php on line 240
is. It is happening on my J1.5RC4 with CB 1.1 install.

Look URL link to joomla core forum and instruction on page 3 of this thread for fix.

I looked at the Joomla Forum but they refer to J1.5RC3, and the code snippets they show don't match the code I have in my cb.core.php.

So, can you please elaborate on what URL link should I be looking for and where page 3 is?

Has this problem been fixed in an updated release? If so, can someone please supply links.

Cheers,
Nap

Post edited by: Nap, at: 2008/04/16 15:46

Post edited by: Nap, at: 2008/04/16 16:18

16 years 3 days ago #61431 by paycheck
Same issue and teh link to the forums on the other sites are vague and very cluttered mess. I paid for this components and it should work. Where are the admins with the fix!??

ASAP.

16 years 3 days ago #61435 by nant
paycheck wrote:

Same issue and teh link to the forums on the other sites are vague and very cluttered mess. I paid for this components and it should work. Where are the admins with the fix!??

ASAP.

Which component did you pay for?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.500 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn