Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !

9 years 9 months ago #247148 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !
Tab titles support substitutions. Just add the substitution for your field as its title and you should have what you're wanting. For example you could set the title to [name] or [username] and the title would be the name or the username. The same applies for field titles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjl1817

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #247152 by mjl1817
Replied by mjl1817 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !
Yes, that would most certainly do it... I have had my duh moment for the week :)

Is this a bug?
I am not sure if this is correct behavior or not (hoping it is not) When I try to save a "text field" as searchable I am prompted that calculated fields cannot be searchable. However a "text area" is. If I initially save it as a text area that is searchable it saves & I can then change it to a text field and it still says it is searchable..

A tool to take care of this thing!
When I try to copy a tab I get the following error:
Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `tprw5_comprofiler` ADD `cb_song_name149` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL

I know that in the xml file you can change it from "varchar(255)" to "text" but to make it easy for those whose skills are a bit limited can there be a tool that does it for the field types? That way people are not constantly asking how to fix this error or screwing up their site because they make a goofy mistake and then cant figure out what they did wrong?

Another feature request
When we go to create a new field would it be possible to have a "save as copy" that saves the settings of the field but does not automatically give it the name or title? This would enable us to maintain a good naming scheme. Currently the listed copy feature makes it difficult to maintain a numerical sequence to replicated fields.

I wish I knew, Then we would both know.

9 years 8 months ago #247182 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !

I am not sure if this is correct behavior or not (hoping it is not) When I try to save a "text field" as searchable I am prompted that calculated fields cannot be searchable. However a "text area" is. If I initially save it as a text area that is searchable it saves & I can then change it to a text field and it still says it is searchable..

Is this when saving a new field or an existing field?

Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `tprw5_comprofiler` ADD `cb_song_name149` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL

I know that in the xml file you can change it from "varchar(255)" to "text" but to make it easy for those whose skills are a bit limited can there be a tool that does it for the field types? That way people are not constantly asking how to fix this error or screwing up their site because they make a goofy mistake and then cant figure out what they did wrong?

That shouldn't be an issue anymore. This is fixed by changing the database engine for CB tables to InnoDB. This is not done automatically for upgrade installs so if you upgraded from CB 1.x to 2.0 please be sure to run CB > Tools to check for database changes.

When we go to create a new field would it be possible to have a "save as copy" that saves the settings of the field but does not automatically give it the name or title? This would enable us to maintain a good naming scheme. Currently the listed copy feature makes it difficult to maintain a numerical sequence to replicated fields.

That's not really possible at this time due to the way field names save. Ideally we'd like for any field except unique, calculated, or system to allow for name change, but currently that's not possible without causing issues for various plugins. Once a field saves it locks the name, there's no inbetween state so it can't leave the name editable. I've created a feature ticket to look into allowing name editing for some fields.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4565

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #247210 by mjl1817

krileon wrote:

Is this when saving a new field or an existing field?

Saving a new field.

That shouldn't be an issue anymore. This is fixed by changing the database engine for CB tables to InnoDB. This is not done automatically for upgrade installs so if you upgraded from CB 1.x to 2.0 please be sure to run CB > Tools to check for database changes.

This was a fresh install

That's not really possible at this time due to the way field names save. Ideally we'd like for any field except unique, calculated, or system to allow for name change, but currently that's not possible without causing issues for various plugins. Once a field saves it locks the name, there's no inbetween state so it can't leave the name editable. I've created a feature ticket to look into allowing name editing for some fields.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4565

Thank you

9 years 8 months ago #247366 by Magic2014
Hey Guys,

I'm not sure if this is some type bug or just a setting change needed on my part, but either way I can't seem to figure 'er out. Here's the deal: I decided to test CB2b5 with my offline online site and I noticed that I can't log into the frontend anymore and view site (My password and username no longer provide access to the frontend - although I can still log into backend).

--So I disable CB system plugin and, wallah! I can log in and view frontend of site just as always.

Question: Can you tell me why this is, and how to fix it so I can continue testing CB2b5 with offline online site?

Thanks
Magic2014

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247375 by mjl1817
Bug Report: If you are using a substitution value name on a tab it will not show on profile edit. I filled in a place value holder as well as adding something in the edit layout, The tab is there and you can click on it but no text shows up showing you the tab.

Bug Report:If I add 15 fields to a tab then the tab function fails to work, it will not switch from tab to tab. (only tried in profile view, three file formats used textfield, audio, rating)

Oh great and powerful Joomlapolis team. I once again have a feature request for 2.0..

Wishlist items:
Can a button on the list management be made that would enable us to turn off the list name for individual list? right now it is all or nothing..

For the profile image layout, can it be made so that we can allow users to pick it they want circle or not with their profile?

Can we get a way to use a "show more" link inside a tab? For instance, I want the users to be able to load as many as 15 audio files in a single tab but for aesthetics I want only the first five or so to show when they first open the tab.

Can we make the showing of a field conditioned upon the presence of another field? for instance, the ratings field, will only show if a certain field is not empty. Right now the ratings field will not show properly when inserted within the layout. (That would work for that field but I can think of many other times that different fields would be conditioned upon other certain fields not being empty.

And last (well for now anyway) Is it possible to set a weblink field to show an image rather than the text of a link? would be great for things like having people put in their facebook or twitter links using an icon than than the printed link..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn