CB 1.2 Feature Set - Prerelease Announcement

15 years 11 months ago #63787 by carloslfigueroa
Replied by carloslfigueroa on topic Re:CB 1.2 Feature Set - Prerelease Announcement
Bien, todos esperamos esta nueva version, creo que debemos mantener cordura, descansen todos los desarroladores , nosotros esperamos pacientemente B) , saludos desde honduras B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #63788 by philena30
Replied by philena30 on topic Re:CB 1.2 Feature Set - Prerelease Announcement
Oh No Beat, I'm so sorry you caught your own bugs trying to debug. That's what happens when you have bugs on your mind. Isn't that how the Law of Attraction works? :P

You guys will mess around and have CB1.2 all jacked up.

take your time. It will be worth it.

Post edited by: philena30, at: 2008/05/28 05:12

15 years 11 months ago #63819 by denny86
I know that this is a freely project...
I know...

I know that it will be ready when it will be ready...

I know that my messages are not useful to go cb on RC more quickly! But...

If you have no ieda of the time that you need to go on RC.... Why do you said in the "Home Page news" that maybe it will be ready on the end of April? ...
We almost are at June.... And your words still are (there are bugs here, there are bugs there...)..

No problem, ok! I'm the firts that prefer a good component later, instead of a bad component soon!! If there are problems, bugs and other... They should be repairs before the release.... But, i repeat... don't make prevision... don't say "at least 2 days"!!... ;)

Because we are waiting for it... And is naturally that we are a bit impatient...

However... I believed that Doc subscribed should be the first to have CB ready! ... But a much time as passed.... Some people have paid money from months... Before, it could be a sense... Now i think no...
They are all waiting like me!
They are all impatient like me...
They are all without CB like me....

At this point... the right think, is to wait the release... and still wait others 2 weeks (the time necessary at normal users to download free the component)...

However I see that the offensive post of the user "Serk" has been left here... Mmmm... I don't undertand what are your methods... To take measures.

My old post has been deleted... His post not... Boo!

Another things... Considering that this community is very very very large...

Why don't you choose someone to do the "Forum administrator"?? In this way, someone could give answer to us... Could delete messages or editi it... And you will have all the full time to dedicate yourself to C.B. ;)

;) ;) ;)

15 years 11 months ago #63821 by nant
denny86 wrote:

I know that this is a freely project...
I know...

I know that it will be ready when it will be ready...

I know that my messages are not useful to go cb on RC more quickly! But...

Knowledge is cool.
Socrates was wise in saying ... "All I know is that I don't know"

If you have no ieda of the time that you need to go on RC.... Why do you said in the "Home Page news" that maybe it will be ready on the end of April? ...

Because at the time of the post, this statement appeared valid. But things progress and change.
But unfortunately some people - like you - stick to the date and ignore the rest.

We almost are at June.... And your words still are (there are bugs here, there are bugs there...)..

Yup, there are bugs and we are fixing them.
Some are fixed fast.
Some take time.
Some depend on other systems.
Some are PHP bugs that need to be bypassed.

Because we are waiting for it... And is naturally that we are a bit impatient...

I am also impatient. Many things will change once CB 1.2 is released.

At this point... the right think, is to wait the release... and still wait others 2 weeks (the time necessary at normal users to download free the component)...

Please do not state things you do not control.
CB 1.2 stable will be released to public. PERIOD.
How long RC will take to become stable is not known. It might be 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month.

However I see that the offensive post of the user "Serk" has been left here... Mmmm... I don't undertand what are your methods... To take measures.

My old post has been deleted... His post not... Boo!

If you have problems with the moderation of the forums - feel free to PM me directly.

[/quote]
Another things... Considering that this community is very very very large...

Why don't you choose someone to do the "Forum administrator"?? In this way, someone could give answer to us... Could delete messages or editi it... And you will have all the full time to dedicate yourself to C.B. ;)

;) ;) ;)[/quote]

You are funny - I wish it was this easy.
Just pick someone - wow - why didn't I think of this?

Please feel free to PM me if you need further clarifications - do not post to this thread any responses.

15 years 11 months ago #63823 by denny86

Knowledge is cool.
Socrates was wise in saying ... "All I know is that I don't know"

What Socrates thought... Was own business...

Because at the time of the post, this statement appeared valid. But things progress and change.
But unfortunately some people - like you - stick to the date and ignore the rest.

As I said, about me is better have a good component in a long time instead of a bad component very soon! Or have you jumped this pass????? ;)
I only see that you continue to make premonition when "maybe" it would be better to avoid! ;)

Yup, there are bugs and we are fixing them.
Some are fixed fast.
Some take time.
Some depend on other systems.
Some are PHP bugs that need to be bypassed.

Ok... Another element that make us know that make prevision is almost impossible"....

Please do not state things you do not control.
CB 1.2 stable will be released to public. PERIOD.
How long RC will take to become stable is not known. It might be 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month.

I don't read news about C.B. on the newspaper!! All that I know.. I have read on this forum... If I said 2 weeks (for the stable version) is because someone said that 2 weeks are necessary... So... Another invite to skip this estimates...

You are funny - I wish it was this easy.
Just pick someone - wow - why didn't I think of this?
Please feel free to PM me if you need further clarifications - do not post to this thread any responses.

In each important website that i visited, there is a team that try to make all things good. Someone is busy to control news, others the forum.... etc..
You are a big team... I don't think is so hard to ask someone to control Forum.
In the end... I will write you a PM, when I would ask you something of personal... Or for problems, suggestion, clarifications...
All about CB, is a public topic... So.. All the users should be able to read this discussions...

Excuse my very bad english. Good Work...

15 years 11 months ago #63825 by Kandas
nant/Nick

With all due respect, I think you are completely missing the point here. denny86, although not a document subscriber, is quite correct in his argument and should not (because he is not a document subscriber) be treated in any other way. He is also one of thousands out there waiting for this release.

Now, before anyone jump on me as well and tell me I am not grateful or don't understand the procedure let me just clarify some things.

Firstly, this is only my second post on this forum so no-one can accuse me of constantly questioning release dates. I say again (as I said in my first post almost two weeks ago) that I only commented after I joined as a document subscriber for 2008. Which, by the way, is now halfway through the year and there is no reason to believe that you guys will extend the subscription period after CB 1.2 is finally released. As a matter of fact, the way things are going now, there is no reason to believe that we will see the updated Manual for CB 1.2 in this year still. So we'll probably have to subscribe again....

Secondly, under the present circumstances, there are no reason to be sarcastic to followers of CB in these forums. Especially when the issue of a forum administrator to keep all of us up to date (without the overuse of sarcasm and smilies to pacify us) is a very valid point.

Thirdly, and I am going to say this again and in bold so that there is no misunderstanding whatsoever: Nobody is disputing the fact that CB is an awesome piece of software and that CB 1.2 will be an even better and much more valued extension to Joomla! Nobody. That is the single most reason why thousands of people are waiting for this release - is it not? - and why so many people are telling you guys how good you are. Which, sometimes, makes me feel that is the only thing you guys want to hear on these forums.

The problem however, Nick, is the fact that you guys are the ones committing yourselves to dates - not us. It is you guys who said end of April, 4 days, 1 week, 10 days, 2 days, 2 more days, etc. - not us. We are merely questioning your non-compliance to these dates - which we surely are entitled to.

Lastly. I really do sympathise with Beat's sickness. I really do. But some of us are also in the same position (especially being Winter here where I am) but the work must oontinue and we are also under constant demands and pressures from clients. Not all of us are building community site for ourselves and for fun. We have real clients with real demands and we have to commit ourselves to dates based on the dates that you are supplying us. In the end it seems to me that the absolutely brilliant work that you guys are doing on the software development side does not correspond with the type of work you are doing on the project planning and implementation side (including your customer service).

Surely we, as your customers deserve better on that score?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn