CB 1.2 Feature Set - Prerelease Announcement

15 years 11 months ago #63557 by subfighter
Replied by subfighter on topic Re:CB 1.2 Feature Set - Prerelease Announcement
joomlaplazza.com/

brings up some site with no css

and the www.joomlaplazza.com/ brings up nothing.. as i looked at your site the other day and it looked good.. but now it does not work????

Rick Estrada
www.subfighter.com
Your Source For Online Jiu Jitsu Techniques

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #63558 by beat
MOD NOTE: Last 7 posts are out-of-topic of this thread. Please use a separate thread which is already on-topic for that subject, so that we keep noise low in here.

Existing thread for joomlaplazza and site-access:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,45/id,63553/

Thanks.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 11 months ago #63563 by beat
Ok, short news on ongoing CB 1.2 beta 8 tests: ;)

Now, after 24 hours that beta 8 is out, we have already around half of CB testteam testing beta 8, and we are catching up with fixes (the rate of new bugs is lower than our fixes rate).

There are a few bugs which require investigation and fixes, but we are at count of 8 bugs left right now, of which 5 at least are still not acceptable and need fix before going RC, as we want the upgrade to be as smooth and easy as possible.

We also have subscriptions-plugin testteam poking at the plugin and CB, and also quite some CB bugs being found and fixed from there.

1 very annoying "long moment" today was that I spent today over 4 hours on a very wierd PHP 4.4.2 bug :angry: that a tester had, CB hanging completely on rendering some of the backend. This turned out to be due to a picky PHP core bug of that 4.4.2 release only, for which we had to find a work-around.

The wide range of supported platforms and number of users makes testing and sometimes fixing, like in this case (I had to remotely debug without debugging tools with basically print commands on the tester's live server as we didn't know what was causing this and couldn't even reproduce it on our local php4 environment, which was more up to date...) very hard to predict. Sometimes we can fix 4 bugs in an hour, and sometimes it goes otherwise...like in that case.

Work will go on full+free-time until 1.2 RC, not very far away, but still at least 2 days i would dare to guess :) .

Again many thanks for the great support of the CB testteam and of the doc subscribers on this site, it really helps getting CB 1.2 RC out way better and faster !

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 11 months ago #63580 by wyche
my CB1.1 is not working too good, after i fill in my profile and click submit, nothing happens??
can't wait for CB1.2 B)

would be nice to see this community use fireboard, as i see the two shoes guy who did the joomlaboard has disapeared.

15 years 11 months ago #63586 by zseni
Beat!

It was a great news what you wrote about cb 1.2.
I hope for it we can use it soon.
With a greeting Hungarian Joomla in a team's name, zseni

15 years 11 months ago #63588 by Terp
wyche wrote:

would be nice to see this community use fireboard, as i see the two shoes guy who did the joomlaboard has disapeared.

I have to disagree on this one, as FB has to be one of the worst forum scripts with which I have ever played...and support in their forums matches the db calls of FB...garbage. :)

I'd like to see an add-on tab that supports PHPBB3 instead. :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn