CB 1.2 Feature Set - Prerelease Announcement

15 years 11 months ago #63465 by radio
I have a site online that is using a hack of cb to extent the profiling capabilities. It basically allows you to create an HTML layout of your profile and call up the cb tabs and fields wherever you want them. It can be seen here www.joomlaplazza.com/thegovernor

However I see in the feature list there will be a New but compatible profile HTML generator with full CSS styling markup in cb 1.2. Does this meam that it will be capable of producing profile like the one in my website and the hack will be no longer required?

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #63471 by mattioi
I love what you did with that. Is that a public release your modified profiles? Can I pay you to do that to mine =)

15 years 11 months ago #63474 by Lyrick
thats very professionell , i´ll try to do tihs for my community too.-) but one thing i´m missing for cb or cb1,2 a shown friend to friend connection - how friends related together oder business contacts ...

15 years 11 months ago #63479 by radio
Its free to download from my site,registered users can download it, you have know HTML and css to use it. Follow the article on my front page. You dont automatically get a layout like mines you have to create your own layout using HTML and CSS.

Its cb 1.1 im not sure if cb 1.2 will render it obsolete .

Post edited by: radio, at: 2008/05/22 21:37

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

15 years 11 months ago #63491 by beat
radio,
Very cool design indeed :) , thanks for sharing. :)

In CB 1.2 RC, you should be able to set this profile layout (and many more) without hacking any CB core files. :) :) :)

For the particular styling, you will be able to use CSS only, e.g. in a CB template plugin.

Regarding CB 1.2: we are now down from 16 (+10 other discovered bugs) yesterday to 4 bugs only left, and 3 testteam usability-feedbacks left to implement. :silly:

We have just generated CB 1.2 beta 8 for the 90 active members of CB testteam, and within minutes of email, already 12 have logged-in to get the latest for tests. :woohoo:

This will insure that tests are done on all fixes while we fix the remaining 4 identified bugs and 3 usability-feedbacks. :)

We will now go through at least 2 days of CB testteam tests, before releasing CB 1.2 RC as a thank you to the documentation subscribers here. ;)

Best way to get a notification email when CB 1.2 RC is released is to subscribe to our Year 2008 Community Builder documentation subscription (see top of left column on how to subscribe). ;)

This will also help us greatly to continue working full-time on CB and finish implementing, while getting you the latest CB 1.2 RC documentation very shortly after CB 1.2 RC is released.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, it's starting to be looking awesome thanks to the great help of our professional designer, Ron (many thanks for your help, Ron B) : more on that as soon as we have time to write more. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 11 months ago #63494 by Terp
beat wrote:

We will now go through at least 2 days of CB testteam tests, before releasing CB 1.2 RC as a thank you to the documentation subscribers here. ;)

We have a LONG weekend this weekend in the USA because of Memorial Day; great time to release RC for some serious testing!!!! *hint*. :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn