Emails not sent on registration

15 years 3 months ago #84038 by cowboysdude
Replied by cowboysdude on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
Yes to be sure I just checked it all again.

It has set yes to new accounts in J1.5
and Independ of site in CB_login with YES to email for new accounts also on for CB_login.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #84039 by cowboysdude
But what worries me is that in the Community Builder profile where it says "Email User" is where I"m getting the email did not send error so I'm thinking that there is a problem elsewhere and not just with the CB_login module...

For some reason the smtp setting is not working with CB at all.

I believe if I can send email from the profile section the registration emails will also work... Not sure why. I had experimented with Drupal and there was an email plugin for that.. I figured that out but can't figure this out... it's got me stumped.

To let you know this is on a Home SErver running WAMP BUT using my ISP to send my emails. So far until CB it's worked great... Is it an smtp problem?

15 years 3 months ago #84043 by aidan.whiteley
Replied by aidan.whiteley on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
Apologies - I can also send profile emails via SMTP - I had forgotten to set the Global Configuration / Server / Mail Setting / Mail from to a btinternet.com address. I am able to to send both registration and profile emails via SMTP.

But none of this helps me send registration or profile e-mails reliably via the php mailer functionality :(

15 years 3 months ago #84051 by cowboysdude
aidan.whiteley wrote:

Apologies - I can also send profile emails via SMTP - I had forgotten to set the Global Configuration / Server / Mail Setting / Mail from to a btinternet.com address. I am able to to send both registration and profile emails via SMTP.

But none of this helps me send registration or profile e-mails reliably via the php mailer functionality :(

I hate to be a pain but you could please post exactly how your settings are both on Joomla and CB_Login so I can try to duplicate those. The registration part is the problem I'd love to figure out...

Many Thanks! ;)

15 years 3 months ago #84058 by aidan.whiteley
Replied by aidan.whiteley on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
OK - for the SMTP set up (rather than the php mailer functionality I want to use), all the settings are as per my earlier post with the exception of

Site / Global Configuration / Server / Mail Settings
Mailer: SMTP server
Mail from: user.name@btinternet.com
From name: Name of my organisation
Sendmail path: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i (presumably not used)
SMTP auth: Yes
SMTP username: user.name
SMTP password: *********
SMTP host: mail.btinternet.com

In Components / Community Builder / Configuration / Registration

- the Registration email name / email address / reply to address work when set to user.name@btinternet.com

The rest are the same as per my previous post.

I'm not recommending the above as a solution - I can't go live using my personal e-mail SMTP set up. But the above does reliaably work for me while the Community Builder / PHP mailer options currently doesn't.

Hope the above is of some use!

Aidan

15 years 3 months ago #84073 by cowboysdude
aidan.whiteley wrote:

OK - for the SMTP set up (rather than the php mailer functionality I want to use), all the settings are as per my earlier post with the exception of

Site / Global Configuration / Server / Mail Settings
Mailer: SMTP server
Mail from: user.name@btinternet.com
From name: Name of my organisation
Sendmail path: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i (presumably not used)
SMTP auth: Yes
SMTP username: user.name
SMTP password: *********
SMTP host: mail.btinternet.com

In Components / Community Builder / Configuration / Registration

- the Registration email name / email address / reply to address work when set to user.name@btinternet.com

The rest are the same as per my previous post.

I'm not recommending the above as a solution - I can't go live using my personal e-mail SMTP set up. But the above does reliaably work for me while the Community Builder / PHP mailer options currently doesn't.

Hope the above is of some use!

Aidan

I do appreciate the help and have it setup the same exact way... still doesn't work. If I turn the regular login back on and cb_login off it sends the emails with NO problem. Turn the reg login back off and cb_login back on and no emails... Can someone for the love of GOD help here...2 weeks and counting.

I understand you can't replicate the problem on your server but apparently enough of us can... it's the same problem..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn