Emails not sent on registration

14 years 11 months ago #95262 by markz29
Replied by markz29 on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
Can you e-mail an article successfully? I think you should try to narrow down if it is CB, the Joomla install, or a server issue.

If you can e-mail an article (I use PHP Mail) then your configuration of Joomla and the server are probably okay. Then you need to look at CB.

Like my earlier post, I still don't receive e-mails on registrations from CB from the registration setup, but I do as the moderator to a e-mail not part of my domain. That is good enough for now as long as we don't miss anything.

Still looking for why it stopped working, or why I can't get the system to behave correctly. Have not had a chance to do a fresh install of Joomla and CB to see it that resolves.

Good luck.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #95942 by slacker13
Replied by slacker13 on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
I have done hours of testing and here is what I am seeing:

It is completely hit and miss whether new users get their registration emails or not. I have numerous email addresses in which I can test with all from the same server. Some make it through, some don't. One thing I am noticing for sure is that if i use the same email address that has been used before they will not get reg email or lost password emails even though the accounts were deleted.

I also tested numerous emails with the same URL, for example joe@abc.com, jim@abc.com, dave@abc.com (of course i used real urls and valid accounts) and none of those will get reg emails or lost password emails even after I had manually approved them.

Now, this doesn't explain why many of my new users cannot get reg emails and others can.

Some of my test emails work perfectly. I get reg email and lost password emails. Once again all these emails are from websites on one server all running the same phpmail etc so I cannot buy into the theory that this is a server issue or a phpmail issue.

Whatever is causing it is very hard to troubleshoot as it really makes little sense. I could understand if my users were telling me this without any testing, but from the same server?

Im not a developer/programmer by any means so my testing really doesn't go beyond that. My host has been running error reports all afternoon and has come up blank.

Looking for a solution. This is a private website and I really cannot open it to the public nor do I want to manually approve users.

Thx

Joomla 1.59
CB 1.2 Latest
PHP5
Unix Server

14 years 11 months ago #96147 by dforrestca
Replied by dforrestca on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
Having the same intermittent email send on registration issue as others since updating from CB 1.2 RC2 to 1.2.
It used to work flawlessly, now has issues...

1) First registration email delivery intermittent
2) User tries logging in with id/pass, email delivered second time
3) registration echo email to administrator not going to the one specified in cb config.
4) Users click on registration activation link in email and get "You are not authorized to view this page!
You need to Sign In."

joomla 1.0.15
CB 1.2

Running on a cloud host
Using pHp mailer

14 years 11 months ago #96426 by yoosyoes
Replied by yoosyoes on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
Delete "/usr/sbin/sendmail" let the Sendmail Path blank on Global Configuration.

I've tried to set SMTP Authentication to No but still not work. And after let the Sendmail Path blank it finally works for me.

14 years 11 months ago #96548 by racefanatic
Replied by racefanatic on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
I seem to have the same issue, once you register with CB you never get the welcome email to reply to the Joomla Contact Us works fine,,,is there a setting I have missed somewhere I have looked at all the tabs and not sure if the settings are correct,,can anyone shed some lite on this plz....use Joomla 1.5.9 CB 1.2 rc4

14 years 11 months ago #96578 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
CB 1.2 RC4 is obsolete with all the fixes in Stable. Please upgrade!

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn