Updated Joomfish file

15 years 2 weeks ago #93835 by iamalive
Replied by iamalive on topic Re:Updated Joomfish file
Hi
Yes, you're right. I am really unsure how it works. At present, I'm doing the translations in the language files, which does work.

I'd be very interested in finding out, how the Joomfish files are actually supposed to change anything.
Hopefully, someone with experience of success, will also reply to this post.

Regards

David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #94196 by rhoqum
Replied by rhoqum on topic Re:Updated Joomfish file
I'm having a huge problem trying to translate the custom files, I have added manually added the fields in the language files but they won't appear, then I installed joomfish and the xml content elements, translated the fields but they won't show.

I'm running joomla 1.5.9, cb 1.2, joomfish 2.0.2.

I used the last zip posted in this thread but no changes.

Here is my registration form : www.un-instraw.org/grvc/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&lang=en

Please Help!!!

14 years 9 months ago #105240 by BuzzWorkers
Replied by BuzzWorkers on topic Re:Updated Joomfish file
To sum up the problem : Joomfish/CB 1.2.1

the content elements distributed all around have the wrong name, it should be :

comprofiler_fields.xml
comprofiler_fields_values.xml
comprofiler_lists.xml.xml
comprofiler_tabs.xml.xml

Why ? because the content elemens must have the same name as the comprofiler tables in your joomla database.

but the problem remain :

if you try to translate comprofiler_fields.xml in joomfish in my case i'm stuck (each time i save and publish the translation ) with a double entry in the joomfish database. this could be ok if in the front-end the translation could actually show up !

if you try to translate comprofiler_fields_values.xml
there is no titles to translate, but stil i can hit the checkbox and click translate to get to this famously old error message :

Fatal error: Call to a member function getTable() on a non-object in .../com_joomfish/models/ContentObject.php on line 574

if you try to translate comprofiler_lists.xml
i can translate the list, i get double entry, they don't end translated in the front end.

if you try to translate comprofiler_tabs.xml
i can translate tabs in the backend, they don't get translated in the front end.

the other way around is to hardcode the translation in the language file, it works for fields, but not for fields values ! so in my case, it's not working.

I checked tons of topics from both joomfish and cb forums, and its looks like CB is not following standart joomla guidelines to handle languages files.
so there is no way to get this 2 components work together without hours and hours of work.

14 years 5 months ago #115796 by Domroger1
Replied by Domroger1 on topic Re:Updated Joomfish file
Hi, at first thats right - here is CB and not Joomfish. Second 20-30 languages - do you know EVERY module, plugin etc. must be translate or ckecked. I'm working on 8 languages with CB and JoomFish and I know about this work.
For example every new tab or field I must translate in this languages on CB.
You don't do this in JoomFish use the language files from CB!
Also you should update your Joomla to 1.5.14 and of course Joomfish thats work all fine.
If you have more questions send me an pm.
Roger from the sunny B) Dominican Republic

14 years 5 months ago #115843 by hengsovann
Replied by hengsovann on topic Re:Updated Joomfish file
iamalive wrote:

Hi

Thanks. I did.
The solution was that the files needed to be renamed, replacing the cb. with comprofiler_

I've updated the files and provided them to Joomfish to replace the existing ones.

I'm adding them here for those who want them too. I would recommend that this be provided here on the site too, as CB is often wanted for multilingual communities.

Regards
David

Attachment CommunityBuilder.zip not found

Dear iamalive,
Thank for your sharing!
I did download your attachment and install,
and did the translation into my language and seem work nice. but I show nothing on the front-end.

Do the attachment file you shared really work for you?
Or Do I need to set somewhere else so that it can work?
I use CB 1.2.1 and Joomla 1.5.14 and Khmer language pack for Joomla.

Thanks

14 years 5 months ago #116498 by vladl
Replied by vladl on topic Re:Updated Joomfish file
BuzzWorkers wrote:

if you try to translate comprofiler_fields_values.xml
there is no titles to translate, but stil i can hit the checkbox and click translate to get to this famously old error message :

Fatal error: Call to a member function getTable() on a non-object in .../com_joomfish/models/ContentObject.php on line 574

Trying to solve this problem I have discovered interesting thing. You see, in the file “comprofiler_fields_values.xml” we are working with the table named “comprofiler_field_values”. So, I have looked into that table, and see that it is empty. So, CB does not store our fields values in that table. Furthermore if you takes close look to that table's structure, you will see, that storing field values in it, with that structure, is technically impossible (if we store fields values in separate table we need two references: reference to the field, to which it belongs, and reference to the user, to which belong that field). So our fields values is stored in the table named “_comprofiler” (jos_comprofiler by default) together with all other users information.
Let me explain: when we create new field we enter “name” for it, it is name in database. Let the name be “cb_ourfield”. CB adds new record to the table “_comprofiler_fields” (there are information about field's type, size etc.) and adds new field (column) to the table “_comprofiler” (so it appears in every users record near the information like: user_id, firstname, hits).

After that I do not see the realization that would work with dynamically add fields. But there is a solution that can partially help. We can create xml file which allows us to translate users information (works with table “_comprofiler”) and translate information about our fields (for example xml that works only with our new field cb_ourfield), but if we adds new field we would have to edit this xml.

I have one question without an answer “wherefore we need table “comprofiler_field_values””?! Maybe, CB team can answer It…

Post edited by: vladl, at: 2009/11/09 23:27

Post edited by: vladl, at: 2009/11/11 14:05

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds