Confirmation link not working correctly

18 years 1 month ago #7320 by beat
Strange...

Did you do *all* of the steps described in the readme.txt file of CB installation ?

i don't want to give any advice on joomla / mambo choice, except that if content privacy of non-public content is of importance, joomla 1.0.8 is a must at present times... any other mambo and joomla versions are affected. Read www.joomla.org about that heavy security release 1.0.8.

I don't know yet if mambo 4.5.3 has implemented other workflows, but reports in this forum say CB RC2 runs fine on mambo 4.5.3.

Can anybody else confirm here by replying if they use mambo 4.5.3 and email confirmation mode ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #7330 by hyle
Well I agree about not getting in the middle of the mambo/joomla but I am concerned with content security.

I am going to install the latest joomla and correct my installation. I will report back if I have the same problem with my joomla installation.

Thank you anyway.. I was looking for a reason to redo the install.

Hyle

18 years 1 month ago #7419 by hyle
Ive updated to the latest Joomla 1.08. I used the same gallery, SMF and TNGenealogy install.

All went well.. The email registration now works as expected.
My only remaining issue with this great install is the gallery/joomla_SMF conflict.

Thats another issue. All is working after moving to Joomla.

Thank you.

Hyle

18 years 1 month ago #7670 by philzy99
Replied by philzy99 on topic Re:Confirmation link not working correctly
I am having a nearly identicle issue. The only difference for me is that I have admin approval off. They get the email just fine... but the link leads to nowhere.

Lil' help please... I have a very p****d off employer. :S

18 years 1 month ago #7797 by RedHead
Replied by RedHead on topic Re:Confirmation link not working correctly
philzy99 wrote:

I am having a nearly identicle issue. The only difference for me is that I have admin approval off. They get the email just fine... but the link leads to nowhere.

Lil' help please... I have a very p****d off employer. :S

Here the same. Using Mambo 4.5.3h

18 years 1 month ago #7807 by hyle
I know this doesnt help solve the Mambo problem.. I moved from mambo to Joomla and now it works as advertised. I could not get the mambo 4.5.3 to work. The email link went to a bad link when it was clicked.

That may or may not be an option. Took me a day or so to get everything reconfigured to a fresh Joomla install.

Hyle

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn