[SOLVED] CBsubs and Joomla Custom Default Usergroup

10 years 11 months ago #228157 by jered@saverexpress.com
Replied by jered@saverexpress.com on topic CBsubs and Joomla Custom Default Usergroup

krileon wrote: Login is non-functional.

hmm? login works fine for me on the test accounts I tried, the issue is with the ACL.

the issue is, I never touched the ACL when importing my users.. they also were all "registered", nothing fancier than that. Which makes me wonder WHAT could have caused this ACL corruption.

I'm going to check ACL Manager as soon I get the purchase authorized.
If not, I will make the suggestion of restoring a default joomla installation's ACL table.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #228198 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsubs and Joomla Custom Default Usergroup

hmm? login works fine for me on the test accounts I tried, the issue is with the ACL.

When logging into backend with the credentials you've provided me there is no backend access. All that is visible is the Admin Nav Module. Permissions for the user are not setup properly.

Which makes me wonder WHAT could have caused this ACL corruption.

Could be as simple as moving around, deleting, or adding new usergroups. CB has no control over ACL. It simply uses what is there so it has no way of corrupting ACL. Possibly something else installed may have altered ACL, but doubtful.

I'm going to check ACL Manager as soon I get the purchase authorized.
If not, I will make the suggestion of restoring a default joomla installation's ACL table.

Suggest doing one of the two as at this point it's probably your only option. Without ACL Manager you can probably repair your ACL in a day or so by doing it manually, but it's going to take a lot of manual hours.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #228238 by jered@saverexpress.com
Replied by jered@saverexpress.com on topic CBsubs and Joomla Custom Default Usergroup
hold on, you asked me for 2 credentials.

one (with your username from here) was for the BACKEND, and it works fine, I just tested it out.
the second one was for the FRONTEND, nothing to do with the backend (so you could see how the subscriptions and the registered group affected the menu visibility.

as for ACL Manager, still waiting for the authorization to purchase it :/

10 years 11 months ago #228270 by krileon
Backend login appears to be working fine now. Will take a look and see if I can find anything.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #228271 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and I don't see anything wrong with your ACL. I also tried your test user which has "Registered, Registered NA, Subscriber" (3 usergroups) and I can see your full frontend menu just fine. I removed "Registered" and can still see it. I then added "Registered" back and can still see it. I don't understand what the problem is?

Changing Usergroup while a user is logged in does absolutely nothing. Their session is already stored in database with their previous ACL stored to it. You need to change their ACL and the next time they login it'll be up to date with the new ACL.

All your default usergroups and view access levels are also completely intact so trying to repair with ACL Manager, etc.. likely won't do anything as all the defaults are fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #228296 by jered@saverexpress.com

krileon wrote: Have reviewed your install and I don't see anything wrong with your ACL. I also tried your test user which has "Registered, Registered NA, Subscriber" (3 usergroups) and I can see your full frontend menu just fine. I removed "Registered" and can still see it. I then added "Registered" back and can still see it. I don't understand what the problem is?

Changing Usergroup while a user is logged in does absolutely nothing. Their session is already stored in database with their previous ACL stored to it. You need to change their ACL and the next time they login it'll be up to date with the new ACL.

All your default usergroups and view access levels are also completely intact so trying to repair with ACL Manager, etc.. likely won't do anything as all the defaults are fine.

this is definitively weird, honestly.. extremely weird..

in my working site it doesnt happen that way.

as soon I add registered, the menu disappears..
also administrators cannot see most of the users in the CBUserlist .. only superadmins can see everyone correctly.
Im going to investigate to see if the "restoration" process of the backup(using akeeba backup) actually fixed the joomla installation, and the corruption is actually in the active database...

*edit*
no, this is getting on my nerves, doesn't matter how many times I try..
it is still NOT working for me.
tried Chrome, Firefox, IE10.. nothing.
the menu STILL disappears in my test accounts.. always when I add the account into the REGISTERED usergroup.
if its not in the REGISTERED usergroup, it works fine.. all menus...

I'm going to make a video and message you privately so you can see the issue live.

and tomorrow Ill make one of the administrators.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn