[SOLVED] CBsubs and Joomla Custom Default Usergroup

10 years 11 months ago #227651 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsubs and Joomla Custom Default Usergroup

I have tried what was suggested.. moved the entire block of SUBSCRIBER into REGISTERED.
now normal accounts who have the SUBSCRIBER AND REGISTERED ranks cannot access the menus which are set to SUBSCRIBER.
removing the user from REGISTERED lets the user see the menu again.

any ideas?

That really doesn't make any sense; very weird. If the menu item is set to Subscriber view access level and they qualify for the Subscriber view access level it should work fine. Please understand menu access is handled by Joomla and not CB so you may want to post on Joomla forums and see if they can offer some ACL advice. Check within Site > Global Configuration > Permissions and ensure your subscriber usergroups permissions are at least set to Inherit so they'll Inherit Registered accesses as they could be set to deny. ACL Manager will really help in debugging permissions though.

I suppose I have to do the correction of ACL. How do I do that?

Click the debug permissions button next to your Subscriber usergroups or use something like ACL Manager to see if there are any permission errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jered@saverexpress.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #227812 by jered@saverexpress.com
Replied by jered@saverexpress.com on topic CBsubs and Joomla Custom Default Usergroup
Thank again Krileon, I will take a look at it and see how it goes.

10 years 11 months ago #227888 by jered@saverexpress.com
Replied by jered@saverexpress.com on topic CBsubs and Joomla Custom Default Usergroup
this is frustrating.. I reviewed the DEBUG PERMISSIONS

everything seems green.. (except the admin and editing, which is normal)
in all sections of an affected account.. still the menus DISAPPEAR WHEN ADDED TO THE REGISTERED main group.. wtf..
and as soon I remove the REGISTERED usergroup.. everything works as intended (log out, login , menus working as they should be )

TO RESUME:

USER GROUPS:
moved SUBSCRIBER inside the REGISTERED main group.
changed SUBSCRIBER settings to "INHERIT" (only first row was affected in the permissions tab).

USERS:
Tried logging to an account which was SUBSCRIBER & SUBSCRIBER NA usergroups.
working as intended.. then cancelled its subscription, to it went back to REGISTERED SUBSCRIBER & SUBSCRIBER NA.
logged out, logged in, all menus gone (all menus are dependent on the SUBSCRIBER group).
logged out.. removed REGISTERED group from the account's group list.
logged in.. menus work again..

If I open a ticket.. do you think the CB crew can give me a hand?
because this is really baffling me.
or should I just try purchasing this ACL manager to see what is causing this issue?

10 years 11 months ago #227969 by krileon

still the menus DISAPPEAR WHEN ADDED TO THE REGISTERED main group..

That has nothing to do with CBSubs. CBSubs doesn't hide protected menu items. It just protects the destination. CB has absolutely no control over menu access either.

Please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as credentials for a user that should see the menu item, but isn't and will see what I can find. Seams like majorly bugged ACL setup though and you'll probably need something like ACL Manager to troubleshoot it. You may also what to post to Joomla.org forums as this is entirely handled by Joomla.

Ticket is no different then here on the forums except it's private. I prefer all support to be handled here so I don't exhaust time going back and forth.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #227975 by jered@saverexpress.com

krileon wrote:

still the menus DISAPPEAR WHEN ADDED TO THE REGISTERED main group..

That has nothing to do with CBSubs. CBSubs doesn't hide protected menu items. It just protects the destination. CB has absolutely no control over menu access either.

Please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as credentials for a user that should see the menu item, but isn't and will see what I can find. Seams like majorly bugged ACL setup though and you'll probably need something like ACL Manager to troubleshoot it. You may also what to post to Joomla.org forums as this is entirely handled by Joomla.

Ticket is no different then here on the forums except it's private. I prefer all support to be handled here so I don't exhaust time going back and forth.

sent site address and login details.
will see if we can purchase the ACL manager as well.

*edit*
It seems the problem is worse than I tought.

adding someone to the ADMINISTRATOR group, will make the account see weird phenomena..
more than 75% of the user list will be gone in the CB USER LIST.(aka invisible)
like they never existed.
moving the client to super admin(super user) will make them see everything again.

so clearly, something really ruined the ACL of this site.
I'm going to push my boss to buy the software to fix the issues we're having.

10 years 11 months ago #228128 by krileon
Login is non-functional. There appears to be serious ACL issues. Was this install a migration perhaps? I suggest restoring your ACL table back to default Joomla and starting over with your ACL. To do this you need to create a new Joomla install and grab the default ACL from the new install then empty your old ACL table and replace with the clean install (you should be ok to leave the mapping table alone, but you'll need to fix all your users usergroups after this). ACL Manager maybe able to repair this, but my experience with it is limited so you may want to ask them.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.373 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn