Applying Registered Users to a New Plan

10 years 5 months ago #237278 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Applying Registered Users to a New Plan
All you need to do is add // before the $_CB_framework->document-> usage exactly as the code block shows. This will comment out the curvey corners and stop them from loading. Next close your browser and re-open it to purge browser cache. You shouldn't have any further issues. If you do then that wasn't your issue and you have something else conflicting (press F12 in your browser and review the Console for any fatal errors).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #237288 by robinduckett
Replied by robinduckett on topic Applying Registered Users to a New Plan
OK, so, I added the // correctly then, and there aren't any other changes in your quickfix.

I've closed the browser and re-opened it - no different. The registration page
www.sightlines-initiative.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans

is still the same (cells to the right; expanding box not expanding; register button not operating).

I've run the F12; the console says LOG: [jquery.form] terminating; zero elements found by selector. I presume that means there aren't any 'fatal errors'.

So what could it be? Remember, it works OK in safari, Firefox and Chrome.

Cheers, Robin

10 years 5 months ago #237714 by krileon
I'm not seeing any further issues with your site in Chrome, FF, or IE8. In IE10 you have the below bug though.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4083

Quickfix can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-builder/220910-popup-windows-not-working-on-explorer-10?start=6#229629

For future reference if I miss your post please feel free to PM me the topic link. I apologize for the delay.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #237805 by robinduckett
Hello, Well you're the only person that can get our Registration page to work in IE then!
I've just checked again using IE8 and
a) the page will not 'submit' at all
b) the text box will not open up (the expanding corner is ok in other browsers)
c) the cells are dispalyed right justified

d) Also: if we try to amend a user detail using the backend (using IE8) it will not work.

I looked at your 'quickfix' but it is not a systematic explanation of what to do: I'm afraid I don't know where to start, with understanding the topic conversation. In any case maybe we have another fault, as we definately have a problem in IE8.

Cheers, Robin

10 years 5 months ago #237849 by krileon
The register button is just a normal submit input. Something is blocking form submit. Disable your Google map extension and re-test to see if is working fine as such extensions have been known to cause problems. Aside from that I don't know what to tell you; you have no further JS errors except for the above bug in IE10.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

10 years 4 months ago #238585 by robinduckett
Hi ,
I asked our tech support at Transcendit.co.uk to verify my submit problem and they couldn't get it to work either. They don't know why.

I tried disabling Geocode Factory but it made no difference.

So don't know what to do next.

They said that it is not possible for IE8 to handle expanding boxes as that was invented later by Google Chrome.

They ran a validator for me which thrw up various coding errors - many to do with Geocode Factory but ?maybe ?? there's something in there concerning CBSubs??

validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sightlines-initiative.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_comprofiler%26task%3Dpluginclass%26plugin%3Dcbpaidsubscriptions%26do%3Ddisplayplans&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

PS I'm looking for the instructions as to the proper way to enable users once they've paid their subs. Could you point me to the correct instructions please. From experimenting, it seems we have to go in individually to the users list, tick enabled, then open the user and select approved, then go to the Basket and click pay. Is that right? I have a feeling we're not doing the right thing.
I can't see any instructions in the zipfile com_cbsubs_gpl_3.0: Where is the manual please?

I look forward to your next advice!
Thanks, Robin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn