Applying Registered Users to a New Plan

10 years 4 months ago #238964 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Applying Registered Users to a New Plan

Thanks Kyle - I wondered what the Workflow module was for! How do we set appropriate particular people as having 'special' access? Reading Joomla info, this 'special' category is automatically open to all who are registered as 'author or above' - so I can't select the individual membership moderators/administrators only to view this - am I right?

Joomla view access levels are Usergroup groups. You can create new view access levels that include whatever usergroups you want within Users > Access Levels.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238976 by robinduckett
Replied by robinduckett on topic Applying Registered Users to a New Plan
Hi - regarding assigning 'special' access to the workflow module: I've looked again at forums and I don't thik we can do as you suggest in J1.5: e.g see the features comparison here: docs.joomla.org/J2.5:Access_Control_List_Tutorial.
OR - which is very possible - have I missed something obvious/technical?

So how did you/CB operate this module securely (or what were the proper registration processes for an administrator 'signing in' a new member) before J2.5?
Cheers, Robin

10 years 4 months ago #239001 by krileon
Ah, right J1.5 you can't have custom view access levels. I suggest migrating to J3.0 when you get a chance. You can still set it to Special to limit it to usergroups that are Author and above.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #239087 by robinduckett
Replied by robinduckett on topic Applying Registered Users to a New Plan
Well at least I'm not bonkers then!

So my question remains: what are the proper registration processes for an administrator 'signing in' a new member on pre-J2.5 systems? I know CB was existing at that time as we were considering it, so there must be an established system.
We aren't in a position to transform the site to J3 till next summer, and doing so will partly depend on our success in attracting new members - so it is crucial that we can get this system to work properly.
Cheers, Robin

10 years 3 months ago #239323 by krileon
On frontend to give a user a subscription the administrator can go through the normal frontend process using the users Subscription tab on their profile. Once done in backend the basket can be paid by the administrator. This will generate a normal basket, etc.. in your system. Giving a subscription via backend bypasses basket/payment process so there won't be a basket if you give them one by editing them in user management. Aside from that I don't understand what you're wanting to do, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn