Applying Registered Users to a New Plan

10 years 5 months ago #238592 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Applying Registered Users to a New Plan

robinduckett wrote: Where is the manual please?

I look forward to your next advice!
Thanks, Robin

CBSubs GPL download area:

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/downloads-single-items/cat_view/118-cbsubs-gpl-download-area

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #238600 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Applying Registered Users to a New Plan

I asked our tech support at Transcendit.co.uk to verify my submit problem and they couldn't get it to work either. They don't know why.

I don't know what to tell you. You've got something installed then I guess that's rewriting the page or maybe you've altered CBs core code. Re-install CB over top of it self to remove all core code modifications if any to see if that can resolve it. CB is tested multiple browsers as working so your issue is isolated to your install.

They said that it is not possible for IE8 to handle expanding boxes as that was invented later by Google Chrome.

Correct, that's a Webkit engine feature (Safari and Chrome). I think latest FF implemented something similar as well, but I can't recall.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #238613 by robinduckett
Replied by robinduckett on topic Applying Registered Users to a New Plan
Hi, well we haven't rewritten any CB code - don't know how/want to do that!
If I re-install CB over itself won't that remove the setup configurations which we have done - you know the plans, texts, membership signups etc etc???

10 years 5 months ago #238614 by robinduckett
Hello Nick, I've looked through this throughout the afternoon (I'd had the 1.1.2 version for some reason) but still can't see a step -by-step guide as to how to administer/enable a new user after they've paid. Are the steps I guessed at before correct? Maybe I've missed the obvious - if so and I'm just being stupid, please refer me to the correct page number! Thanks, Robin

10 years 4 months ago #238859 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Applying Registered Users to a New Plan

If I re-install CB over itself won't that remove the setup configurations which we have done - you know the plans, texts, membership signups etc etc???

No, you won't lose anything except core modifications (this includes changes to CBs default_language language files). It's the only way to rule out core modification issues. If still not resolved then you've something installed doing it. We've tested multiple times CB with all our products on a clean Joomla install in every browser as working fine.

Hello Nick, I've looked through this throughout the afternoon (I'd had the 1.1.2 version for some reason) but still can't see a step -by-step guide as to how to administer/enable a new user after they've paid. Are the steps I guessed at before correct? Maybe I've missed the obvious - if so and I'm just being stupid, please refer me to the correct page number! Thanks, Robin

Install the CB Moderator (also referred to as CB Workflows) module included with CB. Next add the module to a position on your site and set its access to Special. Now login and click the link it provides to approve/reject registrations. You can also approve them from backend CB > User Management by clicking the their pending icon under the Approved column.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238936 by robinduckett
Thanks Kyle - I wondered what the Workflow module was for! How do we set appropriate particular people as having 'special' access? Reading Joomla info, this 'special' category is automatically open to all who are registered as 'author or above' - so I can't select the individual membership moderators/administrators only to view this - am I right?

Re the operational conflicts with IE we'll take a deep breath in the new year and dig into it!

Thanks, Robin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn