Applying Registered Users to a New Plan

10 years 5 months ago #236829 by robinduckett
Replied by robinduckett on topic Applying Registered Users to a New Plan
Hello,
The 'synchronise users' didn't achieve any difference. All was green. We also can't add a new user from the front end either - the 'register' button doesn't work, just as the 'update' won't work for already registered users.
I don't want to try the debug, as it's a live site, and I might not be able to turn it off.

I suspect it is a simple parameter - we just can't see it as this is all new to us.
IS there anyone there who actually knows the CB/CBSubs programme who could look to see what's wrong?

Cheers, Robin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #236836 by robinduckett
We have discovered the problem - it won't work on Browser IE8 but is ok on Chrome.

So at least we can add data - but do you have any idea why CBSubs has a problem with IE8, and what we could do to change it?
Most of our users will be using IE.

10 years 5 months ago #236974 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Applying Registered Users to a New Plan

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #237052 by robinduckett
Hello Kyle,
I tracked down the link above (it Didn't paste completely) and have read it . However, I can't find the file comprofiler.class.php in /components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php.

I found /components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php but I couldn't find there the line you are talking about in the other post.

Are we looking in the wrong place?

It seems odd that we should have to rewrite the code to get CB to work in IE. Or have we misinterpreted? I see that 9 months ago you've mentioned this as a bug to be worked on - it seems quite fundamental!

10 years 5 months ago #237205 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Applying Registered Users to a New Plan

I tracked down the link above (it Didn't paste completely) and have read it .

No need to copy/paste. It's a hyperlink; just click it. Confirmed working.

However, I can't find the file comprofiler.class.php in /components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php.

It's in the administrator folder. Please see the "IN:" path as described in the post.

It seems odd that we should have to rewrite the code to get CB to work in IE. Or have we misinterpreted? I see that 9 months ago you've mentioned this as a bug to be worked on - it seems quite fundamental!

You don't have to rewrite anything. You're just commenting out 1 line of code. It's a bug that's fixed for CB 1.10. We don't make a release for 1 bug so a quickfix is provided to fix the issue until then.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #237230 by robinduckett
OK - I found the php file! ( before with your hyperlink I was trying to paste it from the generated email) and, - I was looking in the wrong 'components' folder anyway.

Now, following the suggestions on topic #219512 I have added the // to the line - which I found on line 1554. It hasn't made any difference though. I still can't edit database entries in IE. (Another thing I've noticed is that in IE8 the field cells on registration page are displayed right justified, whereas in Chrome they are left justified, properly, under the field title.)

I noticed a difference in the coding tweak you suggested in topic #219512 : there is a space omitted after one of the brackets: is this deliberate? Should I take out spaces after/before brackets?)

Thanks, Robin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn