[#4370] Mailer Automation CRON test queues but not send

10 years 4 months ago #238442 by nant

zen wrote: Thank you for your help, Kyle.

I'm not quire sure if I understand what that option "But do not send message if it's later than:" mean.

Does it mean "do not sent the message if the set send date is later than xx"?

That option is there to make sure that when a problem occurs with a missing cron execution (for example) late messages are not sent.

For example, lets say that a you scheduled to send a message X days before a subscription ends. And lets say that something happens and the cron job skips/fails and is not executed when it should.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238744 by wwildman
I am having the same problem as zen. Joomla 2.5.17, CB 1.9.1, CBSubs 3.0.0. Mass mail works fine. Three active mailers, all very simple, but sometimes mail queue doesn't fill. "Active subscriptions about to expire" (at end of year) mailer worked fine on Dec 13 but failed to work on Dec 21 using both Chrome and IE. There have been no changes in mailer settings in the interim. Is there a setting that prevents reuse of a mailer within a certain time period?

10 years 4 months ago #238864 by krileon
Mailers have cut off dates. Configure "But do not send message if it's later than:" as needed. For example if I've a mailer configured to send 1 month before expiration and 1 month after then anywhere within that timeframe if I trigger the mailer it'll send fine. Mailers can also have send per customer or globally conditions, which can be adjusted with "Maximum messages per customer (0=unlimited):" and "Maximum messages in total (0=unlimited):".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238865 by wwildman
Hi Kyle. All of those settings seem to be just fine (see attached screen capture, which is the same for all three mailers, except that there are variations in "Automatically send..."
and "But do not send..."). Nothing is set on the Conditions tab. Further thoughts? Wesley
Attachments:

10 years 4 months ago #238870 by krileon
Be sure you're using the correct mailer URL. 1 will prepare the queue and another will process it. There's also a 3rd URL that can do both. It won't resend to an email address if they're already in the queue. Your mail server may also reject the queue if you're sending too many emails (some have daily, weekly, or monthly limits; contact your host for limits) and may need to ensure CBSubs Mailer is configured to send in smaller batches (see CBSubs > Settings > Mailer).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238871 by wwildman
None of these problems apply. As you know, all three mailers worked on Dec 13 just fine. The queue is empty and I can't get either url #1 or url #3 to populate the queue. Further thoughts?

Number of mailer items to send from messages queue per cron run: 100
Number of maximum trials to send mailer items from messages queue before final failure: 3
Number of hours to wait before retrying to send a failed message: 24

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn