Duplicate emails

1 year 3 weeks ago #333311 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Duplicate emails
Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 3 weeks ago #333328 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Duplicate emails
This is still occurring unfortunately. Tested payment via Stripe test gateway (this isn't on their checkout page), emails were duplicated as well as iDevAffiliate commissions.
Tested again using Dummy gateway, no issue. So, this has something to do with the Stripe gateway causing things to be duplicated internally and executed.

1 year 3 weeks ago #333333 by wjgadmin
Hi folks, could you please advise if we need to disable the Stripe event again? This is causing us many problems including (duplicate payments, emails, http posts, affiliate commissions etc....).
Looking forward to your response.

1 year 3 weeks ago #333334 by krileon
Did you update to latest CBSubs build release and do you have more than 1 webhook configured at Stripe going to your CBSubs install? Please be sure you only have 1 webhook configured.

Yes, you can disable checkout.session.completed event if you want as there's other webhooks sent that we can rely on, but this should be fixed and is in my tests. Within Stripe > Developer > Webhooks > Your_Webhook you should be able to see what webhooks were sent for a payment and can check their Response. Only 1 webhook should state "webhook process: success" as its response. This usually should be the charge.succeeded webhook.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 weeks ago - 1 year 3 weeks ago #333339 by wjgadmin

Did you update to latest CBSubs build release and do you have more than 1 webhook configured at Stripe going to your CBSubs install? Please be sure you only have 1 webhook configured.
Yes, CBSubs was updated following your reply. Indeed there is only 1 webhoom, confirmed.

Yes, you can disable checkout.session.completed event if you want as there's other webhooks sent that we can rely on, but this should be fixed and is in my tests. Within Stripe > Developer > Webhooks > Your_Webhook you should be able to see what webhooks were sent for a payment and can check their Response. Only 1 webhook should state "webhook process: success" as its response. This usually should be the charge.succeeded webhook.
When I submitted the test payment, it was using the Stripe Test Server with Inline Form, so in this case that is still duplicating things, it wasn't a result of the Hosted Checkout. I have the stripe test server setup exactly like the live but using the test gateway with its' cron URL of course. When viewing the stripe test server / webhook response(s), there is only one that returned webhook process: success (charge.succeeded), the other was webhook skipped: nothing to do (payment_intent.succeeded).

I can disable the checkout.session.completed event, however it doesn't seem to be a result of that provided this test using the Inline form. However, please let me know if you think I should still disable that event?

1 year 3 weeks ago #333341 by krileon
Reviewing the notifications for your test payment something is causing your site to take way too long to process payments. On-site payments shouldn't even need their webhooks, but your site processed it 1 second later. That means the processing of the on-site payment took so long the webhook had time to come through and process. Am reviewing adding other safeguards for slow processing's. I don't have an immediate solution for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds