[#7239] CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back

5 years 7 months ago #307347 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back

Then Stripe isn't sending a cancellation notification for whatever reason when a subscription payment dispute is lost. You'll need to cancel them manually at Stripe when handling the dispute. Will review implementing automated support for dispute IPNs to pause and cancel subscriptions in a future release.

Am coming back on the subject : Stripe does send a notification for canceling subscription to CBsubs but :
1) CBSubs does not cancel the subscription of the user
2) The basket is still marked as completed and the payment still marked as received

Is this something not implemented ?
How can we mark the basket as unpaid again and cancel the payment that has been disputed and lots on Stripe ?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #307348 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back
CBSubs Stripe doesn't currently handle disputes. Cancellations from Stripe should of course cancel the subscription and they do in my tests, but the IPN sent for a dispute maybe different; it has to be tested and implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #307349 by activha

Cancellations from Stripe should of course cancel the subscription and they do in my tests

This was a cancellation from Stripe Dashboard, it's correctly shown in CBSubs notifications but did not cancel the subscription of the user, nor did it change the basket or payment still marked as completed

5 years 7 months ago #307351 by krileon
It's not going to cancel an already completed basket. It should cancel renewals for the basket though. Check within CBSubs > Subscriptions and it should no longer be auto renewing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #307353 by activha
Yes that's not autorecurring you're correct.
But we end with users who have an active subscription and a payment marked as completed while this is not true.
Can you make that this Stripe IPN cancel the payment and the subscription at CBsubs as it should ?

5 years 7 months ago #307354 by krileon

But we end with users who have an active subscription and a payment marked as completed while this is not true.

It's perfectly true. The payment as far as IPNs are concerned was successful and they're active. As I said there is no dispute handling, which is what your issue is coming from. The basket being completed at the end of a dispute is a symptom of that problem. Once dispute IPN handling is implemented it will properly completely terminate the subscription.

Can you make that this Stripe IPN cancel the payment and the subscription at CBsubs as it should ?

No, it's working as it should. This is the same behavior as all our other gateways were a payment gateway unsubscribe cancels the auto renewing only.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn