[#7239] CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back

5 years 2 months ago #309594 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back
If the basket is pending when a dispute comes through it will stay pending. If a dispute comes through when the subscription is active it will cancel depending on the type of dispute. A dispute should only be coming through if the user issued a payment dispute from their bank as the subscription shouldn't be active until a payment has successfully came through, which is the problem you're having.

You're experiencing a bug to be fixed. It's hard to fix because as like before due to Stripe not letting me I can't test SEPA. So it's a guessing game if it'll work or not. I've contacted Stripe again to see if they'll activate SEPA for my account so I can more reliably test this. In the mean time I'm currently implementing ACH Debit Transfer payment method and will get to fixing the SEPA bug once Stripe gets back to me.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #309596 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back
You know that you can still test using our dev server which has a SEPA test on Stripe ?

SEPA with Stripe is complicated to deal with because Stripe first sets all as paid and completed, then a few days later the customer bank can issue a dispute and then the payment appears as lost dispute. So the point is to change the state for CBsubs after this. That's why I wrote that the basket can be completed with instructions from Stripe, then needs to be reverted once Stripe changes the state due to the dispute.

5 years 2 months ago #309600 by krileon

You know that you can still test using our dev server which has a SEPA test on Stripe ?

That only allows me to test on CBSubs end. I am unable to see what Stripe is receiving or sending exactly. You're welcome to PM credentials for that install again and will take a look there once I've started reviewing this issue. I've already heard back from Stripe and unfortunately again they won't activate it due to limitations set by SEPA. So your test install will likely be the only way to track down the issue.

SEPA with Stripe is complicated to deal with because Stripe first sets all as paid and completed, then a few days later the customer bank can issue a dispute and then the payment appears as lost dispute.

That's not how it's supposed to work and isn't how it works according to their documentation below.

stripe.com/docs/sources/sepa-debit#charge-request
stripe.com/docs/sources/sepa-debit#making-a-charge-request

It should be in an initial pending state. It shouldn't activate the subscription unless the success webhook comes through. This of course assumes you left "Accept payment once" on "Payment is authorized and captured (means completed)" in CBSubs Stripe so it doesn't activate on pending state. Stripe should send a webhook once the charge is successful as noted below.

stripe.com/docs/sources/sepa-debit#charge-confirmation

There's already webhook handling for success charge as well. The failed charge handling as noted below is also already implemented as it's no different than other payment methods.

stripe.com/docs/sources/sepa-debit#handling-failed-charges

So the point is to change the state for CBsubs after this. That's why I wrote that the basket can be completed with instructions from Stripe, then needs to be reverted once Stripe changes the state due to the dispute.

Reverting will not be implemented. Reverting would just be a bandaid fix. The problem is it should've never activated to begin with. Something is wrong in CBSubs or Stripe (or both?). I won't know more until reviewing the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #309633 by activha
I have sent you a PM with details.

Tried to set up a test plan with SEPA STRIPE test data using an account with success then dispute and another one with success but it seems that all three failed to update the information received back from stripe

I sent you also a link to view the test data on Stripe, maybe that i'll help
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 2 months ago #309815 by krileon
Dispute handling is now implemented and available in latest build release. When a payment is disputed it'll put the basket in a Reversed state and the subscription marked Invalid. If the dispute is won the baskets previous state (e.g. Completed) will be restored and the subscription activated. If the dispute is lost it will remain reversed. This entire process logs payment rows so an example of a won dispute is as follows.

1. +$50 (subscribed)
2. -$50 (disputed)
3. +$50 (won)

So you'd have 3 payment rows for this entire process showing the state changes. Dispute handling works for single payments, recurring payments, merchandise, and donations. So it will have no issues for all plan types.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #309847 by activha
Thanks a lot for this implementation.

in order to trigger autoactions email to warn the client in case of a dispute, I guess we can use the following or is there any special trigger ?
[var2_payment_status] = Reversed

Also is it possible to manually simulate the Reversed state for old disputes ? via a trigger or a manual edition ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn