[#7239] CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back

5 years 3 months ago #309548 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back
Stripe has a quick way to deal with SEPA disputes. It just cancels the payment without any ability to repay

Canceling the basket is not an option because the payment is still due by our customer which is engaged with us. Typically in this case we send the invoice again so that the customer can pay it by an other mean of payment or we record a manual Stripe payment via CB or other.

So if you could implement a way of setting back the basket to Pending that would be great to keep the invoice number as is.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309557 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back
If the basket was already paid and the subscription active the only option is to cancel, sorry. There is no API for reverting a subscriptions state and have no plans of manually implementing such usage. If the basket is already pending when the dispute comes through it'll remain pending, but all other cases will cancel. It should only go into a dispute state if the user specifically told their bank to dispute the payment or they didn't have enough funds in their bank account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309574 by activha

If the basket is already pending when the dispute comes through it'll remain pending, but all other cases will cancel

The thing is that with SEPA payments Stripe sends a completed state by return without waiting for the funds to arrive or any other check but the account number.

It should only go into a dispute state if the user specifically told their bank to dispute the payment or they didn't have enough funds in their bank account.

That's right, usually it's only a problem of enough funds or signatory name, but there is no way with Stripe to relaunch the SEPA so we have to do it manually by wire transfer or manual credit card via Stripe

We could cancel the basket but in this case this would also cancel the correct invoice number on the invoice that the customer will pay once the SEPA problem or dispute is solved.

Relaunching a new basket would issue a new invoice number and this will give headaches to our customers accounting department. We would need to manually issue a refund note for each problem with the first invoice before getting paid for the second.

Further we have an auto action which issues a pdf invoice on our accounting software with the first basket number.

This is why we'd like a solution to cancel the subscription, cancel the payment and set the same basket back to Pending, to keep the first invoice as it was.

I understand that this may be related to how Stripe deals with SEPA but any dispute is really a non paiement, so it should not be computed as basket completed and subscription active.

There should be a way to cancel the completion, just like a full refund does

5 years 3 months ago #309586 by activha
To continue with the precedent message, a good thing in case of a lost dispute would be :
1) Cancel the subscription on Stripe
2) Set back the subscription as Registered Not Paid on CBsubs subscription for the user
3) Set both the basket and the payment back to Pending instead of Completed and erase the payment dates
4) Send a mail to ask for the payment again

I understand that 1) is only manual at Stripe Dashboard for the moment.
But is it possible to make an autoaction for 2,3 and 4 triggered by canceling the subscription on Stripe Dashboard, or the lost dispute ?

That would greatly enhance things and keep the correct invoice data (number, basket id and payment id)

5 years 3 months ago #309587 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back
Reverting a basket and subscription is not going to happen. Instead I'm simply going to fix it so the basket remains pending until the payment comes through successfully. It should've already been doing that and not sure why Stripe is sending a success status when the payment isn't a success yet. Then if a dispute comes through, which should then only be if the person issued it from their bank, it will cancel.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309588 by activha

krileon wrote: Then if a dispute comes through, which should then only be if the person issued it from their bank, it will cancel.

If a dispute comes through the payment is not made as Stripe retains the funds. This means that the basket has not been paid and the invoice is still pending.

So in this case canceling the subscription is not enough because CBsubs will still indicate the basket as completed and the payment received while this will not be true.

CBSubs payment system has to be reliable. So we must find a solution for these cases.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn