[#7239] CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back

5 years 6 months ago #307162 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back
OK let me try to explain :

For example let's take one basket with recurring monthly payments and then two payments of 45 € each received from Stripe via sepa

We wanted to refund these two monthly payments and went to Payments /Refund, then checked "Partial refund, keeping this transaction open and product subscriptions" with a first amount of 45 €

Doing this correctly refunded the first payment, but then the second one was also marked as refunded, so we could not refund this second payment from CBsubs and had to go to Stripe Dashboard to refund the second one. There was also no way to close the subscription with "Final and last refund closing this transaction and cancelling products subscriptions" as we had no access to the second payment from CBsubs backend.

Hope it's clear enough.

A refund from Stripe should work perfectly fine as we've handling for Stripe charge.refund event. You should see this handled in CBSubs > Notifications. If not then I've no clue what event they're using to refund and you'll need to check the Stripe > Developers > Logs as well as Events to see what's happening.

Nope, the manual refund that we made from Stripe dashboard for the second payment has not been received by CBSubs. There is nothing in the notifications upon this even if we have a correct event in Stripe with success for the web hook

On the other hand when we cancelled the subscription manually at Stripe, we correctly received the web hook notification subsc_cancel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307165 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back
You refunded the full amount which closed the basket. The IPN handling for the refund was skipped because it saw the basket had already been refunded. For multiple refunds like that I believe you need to refund them from newest to oldest instead of oldest to newest like it appears you've done. Did both payments have the same basket id within CBSubs > Payments? or same Txn id? I don't believe this behavior is specific to Stripe gateway and is just how it works in CBSubs for refunds.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307169 by activha
Yes we moved from oldest to newest because last week I had the same problem and tried from newest to oldest :-)
The point is that it seems to close the basket but as the basket is unrelated to the payments when it's recurring that's a problem if we need to refund several payments

And yes both payments have the same basket id in CBsubs as it's a recurring basket

5 years 6 months ago #307175 by krileon
I don't think you'll be able to do what you're wanting since it's the same basket as the basket will be marked as refunded. Probably something that'll be fixed when baskets/invoices per recurring payment is looked into further. Recommendation is to just refund from Stripe instead of CBSubs in the event you need to refund more than 1 payment for a recurring subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307177 by activha

...when baskets/invoices per recurring payment is looked into further...

OK but that's a bit of accumulating little problems with recurring payments, baskets, pdf invoices, sepa...isn't it ?

We were obliged to spend with devs to have pdf invoices with external code and need to rewrite the procedures each time for our people.

Do you have an idea of the timetable for these updates ?

Beat was speaking of weeks some three months ago, but there are no news since.

5 years 6 months ago #307179 by krileon
Added a bug ticket for further investigation as refunds should be tied to txn id and not basket id. Have confirmed refunding 1 payment of a recurring basket blocks refunding any other payments for that basket.

Do you have an idea of the timetable for these updates ?

No

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn