[#3411] using substitution in a piece of script...

12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #196210 by krileon
Just released 3.2.0 with profile widget. I used the defaults so if it's not to your liking you can supply a custom widget and use [screen_name] to supply the users twitter screen name to it. If you supply a custom widget you need the <script> surrounding it and use the return method instead of jquery method (don't include the script that loads the widget js as I've already loaded that).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 weeks ago #196225 by essiele
EXCELLENT!!

Gonna d/l and install right now...

I can just install over the older one, right?

Thanks again, Kyle!

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

12 years 4 weeks ago #196227 by krileon

I can just install over the older one, right?

Yup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 weeks ago #196229 by essiele
It works! I'm a very happy man!

Thank you for your prompt action, Kyle. My CB subscription is money well spent!

I will use the custom widget, specifically for the purpose of size (and colour).

Three cheers!

Hip hip (*3)
Hooray (*3)

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

12 years 4 weeks ago #196231 by essiele
[screen_name] works perfectly, by the way!

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

12 years 4 weeks ago #196241 by essiele
I've come up on a little bit of an issue.

While the widget shows up great on my profile, it's blank on other users' profiles... :huh:

I got my colleague to successfully link his Twitter account to his CB profile (so CB Connect is definitely working in that sense) and got him to tweet a test message from the tweet box (again CB Connect). The message did show on his Twitter profile page but the widget was blank, just like the image I attached earlier in this conversation.

I then logged in to another of my test accounts (on a different browser), to which a Twitter account is also linked. The widget was also blank on that account.

What could be the cause of that?

Ess
:unsure:

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn