[#3411] using substitution in a piece of script...

12 years 1 month ago #196412 by krileon
The tweet box is blank or the profile widget is blank? This happens when you view a users profile other then your own? It maybe good to store the twitter screen name to a field the use that as its substitution as is it performs a API request to get the screen name so perhaps are reaching your rate limit?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #196442 by essiele
It's the profile widget that's blank, Kyle.

I'll try what you suggested and report.

Ess

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

12 years 1 month ago #196446 by krileon
Seams to be working fine here when viewing a profile other then my own using the built in profile widget. The built in widget checks that the user you're viewing actually has a twitter id stored to their profile. If there is no twitter id stored to their profile it'll display nothing. Please ensure twitter_userid for the user you're viewing is populated.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #196450 by essiele
Ok, the problem I'm facing with creating such a field is that "cb_" is added as a prefix and hyphens and underscores are removed... so I can't create "screen_name" as a new field...

... or can I?

Ess

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

12 years 1 month ago #196451 by krileon
You don't have to create screen_name. Just create cb_screenname then substitute in [cb_screenname] to your custom widget.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 1 month ago #196452 by essiele
And yes, the twitter_userid field is populated. I can actually login to the twitter acct via CB Connect.

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.430 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn