[#3411] using substitution in a piece of script...

12 years 1 month ago #196453 by krileon
So when you view your profile while not logged in or while logged in as someone else it shows as blank? Is this using a custom widget or using the profile widget selectable from the drop-down?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #196468 by essiele
Gotcha!

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

12 years 1 month ago #196477 by essiele
It's the Profile widget... I'll try it with the one provided. right now...

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

12 years 1 month ago #196483 by essiele
I think problem solved... and it may have to do with the fact that I had not initially entered a callback url.

I tried it with the widget from the drop-down and it was the same problem. So I decided to delete, via CB User Mgnt, the twitter_userid from one of the test accounts and re-link from the front end. It appeared after doing that.

So I'm going to run a query on all the registered users that had used the twitter link facility in the past (shouldn't be many), delete their IDs and ask them to re-link also.

Watch this space...

Ess.

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

12 years 1 month ago #196501 by krileon
Twitter ID is the same regardless of how your Twitter App was configured. They shouldn't have to relink, ever. Once your App is reconfigured simply refresh the page and see if it's then working, but sometimes takes awhile for Twitter to propagate your changes though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #196504 by essiele
That's what I thought, Kyle... but someone else just tested it. He was getting the same blank widget issue, so I deleted his id from the back end and asked him to login and re-link. His widget box is no longer empty.

Hmmmmm...

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn