Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0

3 months 2 weeks ago #336511 by AlanJones
Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0 was created by AlanJones
Am I right in assuming that Activity 6.0.0 is now divorced from Auto Actions? 
I have a string of email notifications setup in AutoActions all my CB sites that no longer will work with Activity 6.0.0
Is there some kind of documentation where I can figure out how to setup those email notifications?

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336513 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0

Am I right in assuming that Activity 6.0.0 is now divorced from Auto Actions?

It doesn't require CB Auto Actions anymore for activity and notification logging, correct.

I have a string of email notifications setup in AutoActions all my CB sites that no longer will work with Activity 6.0.0

You'll need to adjust them for CB Activity 6.0.0.

Is there some kind of documentation where I can figure out how to setup those email notifications?

Depends on how you're sending those emails. If using CB Activity triggers then see the below where I've listed the up to date triggers and their variables.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/19034-cb-activity-6-0-0-rc-1

The triggers documentation has also been updated with this list.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336518 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0
Wow, that is a mammoth task! Yes I duplicated System Actions and created Auto Actions using the same triggers. But I now have a lot of websites using the same setup.
Is there some other way to send email notifications other than AutoAction triggers?
How is the new Activity designed to send notifications? There must be more than just the internal notification system, right?

Own Your Own Community!

3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #336521 by krileon
Notifications are internal now. There's parameters to toggle the notifications on/off in CB Activity > Notifications. Same for activity logging in CB Activity > Activity. They bind to the necessary triggers and use the new NotificationEntity class to log notifications. You can of course log custom notifications to CB Activity from CB Auto Actions still.

What notifications are you wanting to send an email on?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336525 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0
I find people don't go back to the website without external notifications. My email notifications revolve around groups and group membership.
I'd prefer to have email and push notifications. I have stuck with email because I have not been able to setup push yet.
I also set up the email notifications with a link directly to the post. This is crucial for me that people can interact with one click from the email.
I'm wanting group members to be email notified on:
1. new group activity posts for all group members
2. new group gallery activity post for all group members
3. new comment for all following the post
4. new reply for original comment owner
5. new group event
6. new tag
7. new like
8. group message for all group members.

Own Your Own Community!

3 months 2 weeks ago #336532 by krileon
So you basically just want to email everyone anytime they would receive an on-site notification? The below should work.

Global
Triggers: activity_onAfterNotificationEntityStore
Type: Email
User: Code
Access: Everybody
User
if ( ! $variables['var2']->getPublished() ) {
	return [];
}

return $variables['var2']->getRecipients();
Action
Subject: CB Activity Notification as Email
Body:
This is a test email. Below is the context URL linking to what the notification is about (e.g. activity post, gj group, etc..)

[cb:parse function="getContext" class="var2" /]
Parameters
Format Functions: Yes

That will send an email anytime CB Activity logs a notification. You can condition against var2_asset to filter out what the notification is about as well if you wanted to limit it to specific notifications.

If you still want to use your existing auto actions you should be able to, but you'll need to make some minor adjustments. You'll need to provide what triggers your auto actions are acting on for me to suggest adjustments or at least what system actions you made copies of.

5. new group event
8. group message for all group members.

The built in GJ notifications should already be handling those.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.555 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn