Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0

4 months 1 day ago #336588 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0
Well it is set to all users, any other setting notifies no one.
If I choose - followers, connections, or moderators then no notifications are logged.
I'll PM a login.

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 3 weeks ago #336647 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0
You have CB Activity > Notifications > Activity > Create enabled. This means you can't enable CB Activity > Notifications > Activity > Create (Group) specifically. CB Activity > Notifications > Activity > Create notifies on every post and you've it configured to notify followers. The following will ensure only groups are notified. You likely don't need to be using the full global notifier.

CB Activity > Notifications > Activity > Create = Disabled
CB Activity > Notifications > Activity > Create (Group) = Enabled

That will notify only group members when you post in a group. If you want profile posts to notify followers then use the following notification instead of the global notification.

CB Activity > Notifications > Activity > Create (My Profile)

Please be sure to read notification descriptions carefully in their tooltips as they explain when they're triggered.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 3 weeks ago #336666 by AlanJones
OK, thanks for that. It is making more sense now. But still not working...
If I set CB Activity > Notifications > Activity > Create = Disabled
and CB Activity > Notifications > Activity > Create (Group) = Enabled
And I set recipients = Group no one gets notified (no notification is logged).
But if I set recipients = All Users then everyone gets notified (as expected).

I'm not sure why my setup is so difficult to just get it to log and send notifications to group members?

I'm also not understanding how to create a notification for replies?

Own Your Own Community!

3 months 3 weeks ago #336670 by krileon
The notification has be subscribed to. Just like any other GJ group notification. This functionality existed before CB Activity 6.0.0 and it's checking the same group notification that the CB Auto Actions usage did. Navigate to a group and under its menu click the Notifications link. That's the notifications page for that group. You should see a notification there to be notified of new posts. If you enabled the group gallery notification it too will have a parameter there as well.

I'm also not understanding how to create a notification for replies?

Replies to what? Replies to comments? There's a comment notification for that. That's not going to be group specific.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 3 weeks ago #336672 by AlanJones
I do npt see those notification settings in the group... see attached.
I also included a screenshot of the Activity Notifications settings.

Am I right that the comment setting is on the right under Activity and Create, but the Reply setting is on the left under Comments?

Own Your Own Community!
Attachments:

3 months 3 weeks ago #336673 by krileon
Will review your configuration tomorrow. I've no idea what's going on with your install, but none of this can be replicated in tests or on our demo site. It's possible there's a configuration combination I'm just not account for. Below are the new notification parameters added to groups. Both are visible on our demo site.

They're toggled on by toggling on those respective notifications in CB Activity.

That's basically all there is to it. There's no other further checks for those parameters. Please be sure your install is completely up to date with latest build releases as maybe GJ itself is out of date?

Am I right that the comment setting is on the right under Activity and Create, but the Reply setting is on the left under Comments?

Please read the descriptions. They tell you exactly what those notifications are for. The Comment notification under Activity is for comments on Activity. If you want comment replies to send notifications then enable Replies notification under Comments. Replies are not specific to an activity entry as they are replies to other comments. That will apply to all comment replies globally. There is no notification for ONLY activity comment replies.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn