Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0

3 months 3 weeks ago #336674 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0
Please don't get mad, I'm not trying to make life difficult, I'm sure the demo site works as you say. I'm also sure we'll find a solution, I've probably done something wrong in the install and/or setup.
I am also reading the descriptions... I don't understand the difference between a "comment post" and a "comment on an activity post" or how to enable reply notifications for replies on a comment on an activity post. There's only one Reply setting under CB Activity > Notifications and that does not enable notifications for replies. Comment notifications are working great.
I'm sorry this has been such a headache.

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #336675 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0
I'm not mad, lol. I apologize if I gave you that impression. The entire situation is just perplexing since I can't replicate any of your issues so I'm not sure what's going wrong.

I don't understand the difference between a "comment post" and a "comment on an activity post"

There's 2 types of streams in CB Activity. Activity and Comments. Notifications in the Comments section apply to all Comment streams. Activity streams use Comment streams for their commenting.

The Comment notification under the Activity section is just to enable a notification strictly for activity comments. There isn't a comment reply notification strictly for activity. You can have enable comment reply notifications globally, which applies to all comment streams including Activity comment streams, under the Comments section if you want comment reply notifications. I'll review adding a parameter for comment replies exclusively for activity posts in a future release.

If CB Activity > Notifications > Comments > Replies is not sending notifications for replies to comments for you then that's a different issue. If possible can we please focus this topic on a single problem at a time as it's getting too hard to follow. Lets make 1 notification, that isn't working, working again.

I should also mention that comments on your own posts will not send notifications. So if you're testing this with a single user that maybe why you're not seeing a notification be sent. So for example if User A makes an activity post then User A comments on that activity post it won't send a notification.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 3 weeks ago #336676 by AlanJones
Yes, that's a good plan. Let's focus on the Group Activity Post Notification.

Own Your Own Community!

3 months 3 weeks ago #336686 by krileon
Success! Was able to finally track down the cause. There was a parameter mixup. If you didn't have group activity AND group gallery notifications enabled it would fail. This is now fixed in latest build release. I've already installed the new build release for you and confirmed working to send group post notifications. If you've any further issues with other notifications please create a new topic per notification so we can track these issues better.

As for why a notification seams like it's sending to the wrong amount of users it's because you've a ton of deleted users on your site. Specifically in groups you've users that no longer exists. CB Activity doesn't check for this. It's simply accepting a list of user ids in the _groupjive_users table for a group and sending a notification to those ids. For example your "Practical Medicine" group has 4 valid users that exist, but it actually has 12. You can see these missing users in CB GroupJive > Users as their User column will be empty.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 3 weeks ago #336688 by AlanJones
Ahhh - ok, that makes sense I know how that happened. I can probably set it to delete user activity when a user is deleted, would that help that issue? Or maybe I can just run some database tools to delete the users from the DB?
Thank you Krileon! Very much appreciated!

Own Your Own Community!

3 months 3 weeks ago #336689 by krileon
Deleting a user should delete them from CB GroupJive, but if you set "Auto Delete" to "Disable" in CB GroupJive > Parameters > General that won't be the case. No there isn't a tool to clear all this out. You'll need to do that yourself.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn