Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0

3 months 2 weeks ago #336547 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0
CB Activity group notifications already only send to group users. Notice that when you enable CB Activity > Notifications > CB Gallery > Create (Group) or CB Activity > Notifications > Activity > Create (Group) that "Recipients" is set to "Group". You'll notice on the Notifications page of each group there's now 2 new parameters for users to toggle on/off activity and gallery notifications. If you want all GJ notifications to log a CB Activity entry as well then set CB Activity > Notifications > CB GroupJive > Notifications to "Replace".

Those 2 extra notifications under CB Activity > Notifications > CB GroupJive are a separate case. They're so you can notify your connections when you join or create a group. You don't have to use those if you don't want to.

What I want is the notification (and the email) to send to everyone in the group.

It should already be doing that. It will create a CB Activity notification, grab all the recipient user ids, and email them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336548 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0
That's weird... I have just tested a group activity post to a group with 3 members, and it sent out at least 5 emails... that tells me it's sending emails to everyone registered member.
Maybe it's just the email AutoAction we just created, but it will only send when a notification is logged? 

Own Your Own Community!

3 months 2 weeks ago #336549 by krileon
The recipients will be entirely based off the notification. You can see who the notification was logged to in CB Activity > Notifications. If CB Activity > Notifications > Activity > Create (Group) > Recipients is set to "Group" it should only be sending to members of that group. You should see those group members being notified in CB Activity > Notifications as well as the email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336550 by AlanJones
OK, yes it's logging notifications for all users.
My focus is an activity post in a group, I'm not so concerned about creating a group.
What I'm hoping to achieve is an activity post inside of a group to just notify that group. But my selection is:
All Users | Connections | Following | Moderators 
How do I select for an Activity Post inside a Group to be logged just for members of that group?

Own Your Own Community!

3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #336551 by krileon
Try the following.

User
if ( ! $variables['var2']->getPublished() ) {
return ;
}

if ( ! $variables['var2']->getAsset()->isObjectOriginOf( 'groupjive' ) ) {
return ;
}

return $variables['var2']->getRecipients();

That should cause it to return no recipients if the asset isn't a groupjive asset. The result being only groupjive notifications would send an email.

The CB Activity > Notifications > Activity > Create (Group) notification should not be notifying everyone though unless you configured it to. Did you turn on the generic CB Activity > Notifications > Activity > Create notification? That notifies for any activity created on any stream. Generally you'll only need Create (Group) and Create (Profile).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 months 2 weeks ago #336552 by AlanJones
No it's still sending emails... but if we go that route it won't prevent the other members getting notifications logged for groups they aren't part of right?

Own Your Own Community!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn